Type of Student
Services for Students
Eat, Shop + More
Work at VCC
1. Be strategic. Spend time reviewing the employers’ profiles in this program guide. Arrange employers in order of priority, from highest to lowest. Visit ideal employers after you have practised introducing yourself a few times.
2. Distribute your resumé. Giving employers your resumé or business card is a great way to make a connection and ensure they have your contact information.
3. Observe and listen to the questions others are asking while you’re waiting to speak to an employer so you don’t repeat the same ones.
4. Attend the free seminars being offered. Seminars are being held to help you prepare for the workforce. Come to these sessions prepared to take notes and ask our expert presenters your questions.
5. Research. Most employers don’t hire on the spot at career fairs. Take time to review employer company websites, and visit their job opportunity pages. Your dream job may be only a click away. You can also download the full VCC Career Fair program guide now for profiles of all participating employers.