Type of Student
Services for Students
Eat, Shop + More
Governance & Policies
News / Events
Work at VCC
The VCC and ISSofBC Career Fair is an excellent opportunity for students, graduates and job seekers to connect to jobs and plan for dream careers. Here's how to make the most of your time at this year's fair:
1. Be strategic. Spend time reviewing the employers’ profiles in the program guide. Arrange the employers in order of priority, from highest to lowest. Visit ideal employers after you have practised introducing yourself a few times.
2. Distribute your resume. Giving employers your resume or business card is a great way to make a connection and ensure they have your contact information.
3. Observe and listen to the questions others are asking while you’re waiting to speak to an employer. You might learn something you hadn't expected to, and you won't waste your time repeating the same questions.
4. Attend the free seminars being offered. Seminars are being held to help you prepare for the workforce. Come to these sessions prepared to take notes and ask our expert presenters your questions.
5. Research. Most employers don’t hire on the spot at career fairs. After the fair, take time to review the employer company websites, and visit their job opportunity pages. Your dream job may be only a click away.
This year's fair is at our Broadway campus in the building B event space, on April 16, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Exhibitors include Coast Mountain Bus Company, COBS Bread, Concord Security, Fraser Health, Hard Rock Casino Vancouver, RBC Royal Bank and many more.
SEE FULL LIST>