Admissions and Records

The Registrar's Office is the central resource for admission, registration and student records at the college. See below for information about available services. View upcoming Registration Dates.

Thank you for choosing VCC. Applying is easy - you can apply online or complete an application form and submit it in person at the Registrar's Office at the Broadway or Downtown campuses.

Once you apply to VCC, you can check your application status in myVCC. Please use your VCC student ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN) provided in your acknowledgement letter. In the event an application is considered complete on the same day for more than one applicant, the order of offer will be determined by Grade Point Average (GPA). If you need to change any of your contact information during the application process, please fax or email the student information change form.

Please ensure you have reviewed the program-specific requirements available on your program page.

General college admissions requirements are as follows:

  • VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students. In accordance with federal and provincial requirements, all students who are not Canadian citizens must provide valid immigration or Visa documents when applying or registering for VCC programs and courses.                 
  • VCC is committed to educating adult learners; applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply)                 
  • Please note that you must submit official transcripts and educational documents to support your application.
  • Social Insurance Number (SIN)

    Due to the introduction of the Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) in 2019, educational institutions will need to report tuition fees and program length to the Government as well the Social Insurance Number (SIN) of students. For more information on the upcoming changes to tax certificates, please visit Canada Workers Benefit.


Advanced Placement (AP)
Grade Conversion Scale and Course Equivalents

 High school course equivalents

AP Courses

British Columbia Courses

English (Language and Composition)

English 12,
English Language Arts 12,
English 12 First Peoples (EFP)


Biology 12

Calculus AB

Pre-calculus 12

Calculus BC

Pre-calculus 12


Chemistry 12


French 12


German 12

European History,
United States History,
World History

History 12 or Geography 12

Italian Language & Culture

Italian 12

Japanese Language & Culture

Japanese 12

Physics 2 or Physics C

Physics 12


Spanish 12

Computer Science A,
Computer Science Principles,
Environmental Science,

Health Science 12

Grade conversions

5 = 96% 4 = 86% 3 = 80% 2 = 70% 1 = not accepted

      Please note:

  • Official AP examination results of 4 or 5 may also qualify for transfer credit.


International Baccalaureate (IB)
Grade Conversion Scale and Course Equivalents

High school course equivalents 

IB Courses

British Columbia Courses

English (HL/SL)

English 12,
English Literature 12,
English 12 First Peoples (EFP)

Biology (HL/SL)

Biology 12

Chemistry (HL/SL)

Chemistry 12

French A or B

French 12

German A or B

German 12

History (HL/SL),
History of Europe and the Islamic World (HL),
Social, Cultural Anthropology (HL/SL)

History 12 or Geography 12

Mathematics (HL/SL),
Further Mathematics (SL)

Pre-Calculus 12

Math Studies

Pre-Calculus 12

Physics (HL/SL)

Physics 12

Computer Science (HL/SL),
Design Technology (HL/SL),
Environmental Systems

Health Science 12

Grade conversions

7 = 98% 6 = 90% 5 = 86% 4 = 77% 3 = 70%

      Please note

  • Students need to request for official transcripts from IB.
  • Official IB examination results with a minimum grade of a 4 may also qualify for transfer credit.
  • Grade of 2 and 1 are considered fails.
  • Courses with exam grades of 3 or less will not be eligible for credit or advance standing.


Out of Provincial Grade 12 Equivalency Chart

Check Grade 12 equivalency for courses taken in other Canadian provinces

All academic credentials, transcripts and test scores submitted to the college must be official.

If transcripts are written in a language other than English, an official copy of an authorized English translation must be submitted in addition to the original transcript. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and the documents must be translated by a recognized translation service such as MOSAIC (Multilingual Orientation Service Association for Immigrant Communities). Further information about certified translations can be accessed through the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia.

Transcripts issued in French from Canadian institutions do not need to be translated.

VCC retains all official documents which have been submitted to us in support of an application for admission or transfer credit. We do not return or photocopy these documents for students.

Transcripts must be submitted by mail or in-person at either VCC campus. For more information about official documents please call 604.871.7000.

Mailing information: 

Broadway campus

Attn: Registrar's Office
Vancouver Community College
1155 E. Broadway
Vancouver, B.C.
V5T 4V5

Downtown campus

Attn: Registrar's Office
Vancouver Community College
250 W. Pender Vancouver, B.C.
V6B 1S9

Students with prior post-secondary education must officially request transfer credits through the Registrar's Office by completing an Approval for Transfer Credit form and attach all required documents. For more information, please call 604.871.7000.

Students transfering between post-secondary institutions in B.C. may refer to the BC Transfer Guide to find program transfer credits or BC Articulation Handbook for entrance requirement equivalencies.

Students with transcripts from outside of Canada require an ICES Comprehesive evaluation.  Some programs require supplemental reports for transfer credits.

Please bring your VCC registration papers and a piece of valid photo ID. VCC student cards are free and available from Photo ID Services at the Registrar's Office. Replacement cards are available at a cost of $20.

Returning students must update their information using myVCC. Use your student ID number to log in. If you experience problems, you can use the online reset form to reset your password or call 604.871.7000 option 3. Students are encouraged to keep this information current.

Transcript request 

A transcript is a record of academic achievement for studies undertaken at an institution. Students may request official transcripts as follows: 

  • Online - Transcripts are only available online for students who graduated in the year 2000 or after.
  • In person – speak with someone at the Registrar’s Office.
  • Mail – send an official transcript request‌ including payment and signature to the Registrar's Office.
  • Fax – send official transcript request to 604.443.8450. Payment and signature must be included.

Payment at the time of request is required for all methods. VCC accepts VISA, Mastercard, and American Express. 

The following information is required:

  • Student number (students who are unsure of their student ID number should include their birth date)
  • Student name or name of registration (maiden name if applicable)
  • Current address and telephone number (required in the event we need to contact you with further questions)
  • The number of transcripts required (cost is $5 + GST each) 
  • Rush service is available (cost is $25 + $5 for each copy + GST).  Available in person only

Transcripts can be: 

  • Mailed to your choice of destination.  Request must include complete mailing address including postal code.
  • Picked up at the requested campus. Picture ID will be requested in order to release the transcripts. If someone other than the student is picking up the transcript, the student's signature and authorization is required with the name of the person picking up the transcript. 

Note: Transcript requests take one week or longer to process. 

There are deadlines to drop a course or program and be eligible for a refund, and also deadlines to withdraw from a course without academic penalty. For details on these deadlines and what tuition and fees might be eligible for refund, please review the refund procedures.

If you meet the criteria for dropping or withdrawing, please complete a withdrawal form ‌and submit it to the Registrar's Office.



Please fill out the document request form if you are looking for the following documents:

Confirmation of Enrolment:

  • Verification of enrolment letter from Registrar’s Office
  • Completion of forms verifying enrolment
  • Replacement certificate / diploma
  • BC Adult graduation diploma

Locations, hours, and contact information

Broadway campus
Level 4, building A

Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Downtown campus
Level 1, near Pender Street entrance

Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Contact us:

Admissions and records inquires: 604.871.7000, option 4
Or toll free from anywhere in Canada or the U.S.: 1.866.565.7820