VCC students: Limited access to Office 365


Expect a return to campus in September 2021


Student resources

To receive your VCC Student ID, please fill out the CS Student ID request form.pdf and email it along with your photo and government issued ID to  
Please ensure to check on the form whether you wish to have the Student ID mailed or if you would like to pick it up at VCC downtown campus (203-250 West Pender Street – enter at Dunsmuir and Hamilton).
Important COVID 19 information if you are picking up your card
Do not come on site to campus if you have symptoms, a confirmed case, or have travelled/been in contact with someone who travelled in the past 14 days. You must follow provincial health guidelines, including physical distancing, wearing a mask indoors when distancing is not possible, and staying home when sick. By going to campus you agree to this.
When you come to campus, you must bring a government issued ID and an email from the CS Registration Office confirming that the card will be ready for pick up from the Registration Office.  You will need this information to present to Security upon sign-in.
Continuing Studies registration can be reached at 604.443.8484 if you have questions about your Student ID.

Can I apply for a Continuing Studies program online?
No. Most Continuing Studies programs, such as addiction counselling skills, fashion design & production and early childhood education, require additional documents or prerequisites to be accepted. For these and similar programs, you can submit your application package in-person, by email, or mail. Your application package should include all supporting documents required to get into the program and the $35 application fee.

How do I know what the admission requirements are for a Continuing Studies program?
Admission requirements are listed on program web pages. If you have questions about admission requirements, please contact the Program Coordinator or Assistant.

What does credit/non-credit mean?
A credit course is one that has credits attached to it that can be applied to a VCC credential, such as a certificate or diploma. A non-credit course does not have credits attached to it, and cannot be used towards a VCC credential.

 When do I pay my course fees? 

Course fees must be paid in full at the timeof registration.Fees are subject to change without notice. Tuition fees are subject to annual increase as approved by the Board of Governors.

 How can I pay?

We accept VISA, MasterCard and American Express. Payment can also be by cash, debit, cheque or money order payable to Vancouver Community College. Post-dated cheques are not accepted. 

What happens if my cheque bounces?  

A $30 fee is charged for non-sufficient funds. 

 What costs may be included In the CS course fees? 

Some CS courses have fees in addition to the tuition. This chart describes fees that are included in the quoted price (course based) or added at the time of registration (term based).



On Campus

Distance & Online Learning

Student Union Fee

Flat fee per term1        


College Initiative Fee            

$0 up to a maximum of $5 depending on the length of the course2

As on campus


College Resource Fee           

2% or 4% depending on program3



Some non-credit courses                  

Some non-credit courses

U-PASS Fees         

Flat fee per month charged on eligible courses4  



The breakdowns of course fees paid are displayed through your myVCC account. Click on My Services, then Student Self Service and Account Balance and Summary to display fees term by term.

1. The Student Union Fee applies to all credit courses over 18 hours in length.

2. $2 if less than 9 hours, $3.06 for hours 9 to 19, $4.08 for hours 20 to 36, $5.10 for hours 37 and higher.

3. 2% for newly renewed programs, 4% for all others.

4. For a list of eligible CScourses please contact the Registration Office for more details.

How do I pay if I am an international student?

For international students, international fees apply. Please contact the International Education Office for more information.

 How do I get my receipt for income tax? 

Receipts for tax purposes will be availableat for applicable courses. Please check your online student records in early March the following year.

Is there any financial aid available for Continuing Studies classes?
Most courses and programs are part-time in nature and therefore ineligible for financial aid. Select programs such as Fashion Design & Production may be eligible for financial aid – please check with the Program Coordinator or Assistant.

What is the refund policy?
The refund policy for most Continuing Studies courses is as follows:
3 business days before start date = 100% of tuition refunded (less commitment and administrative fees)
Refund requests submitted after 3 business days may be considered for appeal under special circumstances, such as court subpoena or family bereavement, upon provision of relevant supporting documents.
Please note there is a $35 administrative fee for transfers and refunds.

CS Tuition and Fee Refund Procedure

How can I register for courses?
There are three ways to register: online, via phone, or in person.

Can I register for a Continuing Studies course online?
Yes. If you are registering at VCC for the first time, you’ll need to create a temporary ID and password to complete the registration process online. If you have taken a course at VCC in the past, use your student ID number to register for courses on myVCC.

What information should I have ready to register for a course online?
Have your all your personal information ready, including proof of citizenship and Social Insurance Number (SIN).   
Due to the introduction of the Canada Workers Benefit (CWB) in 2019, educational institutions will need to report tuition fees and program length to the Government as well the Social Insurance Number (SIN) of students. For more information on the upcoming changes to tax certificates, please visit Canada Workers Benefit.

What is a CRN?
A CRN is a Course Registration Number which you will need to quote when registering.

I’m having trouble with the online course registration system. What do I do?
You may contact Continuing Studies to complete registration over the phone or drop by in-person during regular business hours.

I’ve taken a VCC Continuing Studies course before. How do I register for another course?
You should already have a student ID and password that was printed on your course schedule. Use your student ID number to register and pay for courses using myVCC.

What happens if there is no room in the class?
If all the spaces are taken, you may choose to wait until the schedule is released for the next term and try to register again. You may also choose to call the Continuing Studies office and put your name on a waitlist.

When registering online, how can I pay the $35 application fee and course fee?
If you register for a course online, VCC accepts payment by credit card. We also accept online debit from BMO, Royal Bank, Scotiabank, and TD accounts. If you are unable to pay online using debit or credit we recommend you complete a registration form, and pay in-person or register for the course by phone.

What if I need to leave my computer while I’m filling out the online registration form? Will my information be saved?
Yes. You can pause the online registration process at any time. Simply remember your temporary ID and PIN and come back when you’re ready. Note: when you log back in.

What are temporary IDs and PINs?
When registering for a Continuing Studies course online for the first time, you will be asked to create an ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN).

When do I get a permanent student number?
After you register for a course and pay fees, you receive a permanent VCC student ID number. You can use this number to take VCC courses for many years to come.

What if I forgot my student ID number?
Please call the Registrar’s Office so we can find it for you.

Where are Continuing Studies courses typically held?
Most Continuing Studies courses are held at the VCC downtown campus at 250 West Pender St. (at Cambie). Our Downtown campus is located two blocks from the Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station. Selected courses are offered offsite, online, or at our Broadway campus (located at 1155 East Broadway), as indicated on our website.

How do I get to campus?
The Downtown campus is located at 250 West Pender St., approximately 2 blocks from the Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain station. The campus is also accessible by bus, as several bus routes have stops within several blocks of the building. Pay parking is available at various parking lots and meters nearby.

Where do I find my classroom number?
You can find your room number on the electronic message board above the main Registration Office on the 2nd floor of the downtown campus (room 203).

Do I need a textbook for my course?
Certain courses require textbooks. Please check the bookstore website for further information.

Where can I get a student card?
You can get a student card by visiting the Continuing Studies Registration Office during business hours.

What will happen if there is snow or other inclement weather that may impact my class? 
When there is snow, please check the VCC website before heading to campus. If your class does not run as scheduled due to inclement weather, every attempt will be made to make up the course time according to the needs of the class and instructor.

What will happen if my class is cancelled?
You will be notified via phone or email prior to the start date. It is important that you keep the college informed of your current email address and phone number.

Which courses are eligible for UPASS?
Currently only CS students in the Fashion Design & Production program qualify to participate in the UPass program. Students in this program must pay the UPass fee on a semester basis. Students in part-time, evening programs/courses will no longer be required to pay the UPass fee nor will they be eligible to participate in the program. Please contact the Registration Office for more information.