Information and Updates


VCC International

Temporary Resident VISA (TRV) and Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Do you need a TRV or an eTA?

Depending on your citizenship, you may need a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. Visit the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website for more information.


Processing Times

If you have a TRV and you plan to travel outside of Canada, you will need a valid visitor visa to re-enter. If you need to renew your TRV while you are studying in Canada, you can apply from within Canada.

It is important to give yourself sufficient time for application processing as processing times may be lengthy at peak holiday times. 

Note: As you need to submit your passport to be issued your TRV, do not plan travel during that process.  Also, scan or photocopy your passport before you send it off for your records.


Application & Guide

The TRV application form and instruction guide can be found on the IRCC website.


Documents from VCC

You will need a ‘Letter of Attendance’ and an official transcript.   Request forms for both of these documents are available online or at the VCC International Office (Room 100, Downtown Campus).

If you have general questions about the process to extend your TRV, please speak to an International Admissions Advisor.  Please note that the VCC International staff are not authorized to give immigration advice and cannot complete forms on your behalf



The online IRCC Help Centre has a number of questions and answers regarding TRVs.

Contact Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada directly:

Tel:  1-888-242-2100