What you will learn
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply strategies and processes in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects.
- Manage risks to reduce project uncertainties.
- Demonstrate project management skills to optimize project outcomes.
- Adapt project management approaches to meet the specific needs of organizations.
- Apply strategies for managing stakeholders’ needs and expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Construct comprehensive project plans that address the goals and objectives of organizations.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound business management decisions and recommendations.
- Implement effective communication plans to ensure project success.
- Utilize change management strategies to support project implementation.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviours as a project team member.
- Communicate and contribute as a project team member to the overall success of projects.
- Apply reflective practices to identify professional development opportunities and enhance lifelong learning.
What to expect
The courses will be presented using a variety of instructional strategies, resources and activities including lectures, active learning strategies, online activities, group activities, and projects.
Instructional activities require students to be actively engaged and collaborate with other students.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- English Language Proficiency demonstrated by one of the following:
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- Motivated and disciplined.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experienced in word processing and use of spreadsheets
|PGMT 1001||Fundamentals of Project Management||3|
|PGMT 1002||Product Development and Project Scope Management||3|
|MGMT 1004||Communications in the Canadian Workplace||3|
|MGMT 1015||Applied Quantitative Skills||3|
|MGMT 1014||Business Management Essentials||3|
|PGMT 1003||Project Stakeholder and Communications Management||3|
|PGMT 1004||Project Schedule and Cost Management||3|
|PGMT 1005||Project Resource and Procurement Management||3|
|OPMT 1004||Logistics and Supply Chain Management||3|
|MGMT 1002||The Canadian Economy||3|
|PGMT 2001||Project Quality and Risk Management||3|
|PGMT 2002||Agile Project Management||3|
|OPMT 1005||Process Improvement and Lean Design||3|
|PGMT 2003||Project Leadership and Change Management||3|
|MGMT 1006||Fundamentals of Marketing||3|
|PGMT 2020||Project Management Technology||3|
|PGMT 2021||Project Integration and Capstone||6|
|PGMT 2022||Project Contract Negotiations and Management||3|
|OPMT 2020||Workplace Safety and Sustainability||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $10,000
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
This is an international cohort program. As international cohorts are exclusively for international students, international feesapply throughout the duration of the program.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.