What you will learn
Upon completion of the Marketing Technology Diploma graduates will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and respectfully as business professionals
- Apply business principles, theories, skills and best practices
- Evaluate financial information and financial implications related to business decisions to support the goals of a business enterprise
- Apply critical thinking and analytical skills/strategies to provide marketing solutions that meet the needs of a business
- Develop a marketing plan that meets the needs of a business or organization
- Integrate the concepts, processes and applications of marketing automation and Customer Relationship Management (CRM), into a company's business operations
- Use data analysis to support strategic and operational business decisions
- Identify the unique opportunities and issues that arise when marketing to an Indigenous community
- Apply principles of corporate social responsibility, sustainability and ethics in their work as business professionals
What to expect
The courses will be presented using a variety of instructional strategies, resources and activities including lectures, case studies, discussions, presentations, and individual and group work. Courses have been designed with learner centred approaches that promotes collaboration and student engagement.
Students will work with actual data sets to simulate marketing automation tasks.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- Knowledge of English demonstrated by one of the following:
- English 12 with a minimum 'C+' grade or equivalent, or
- English Language Proficiency at an English 12 ‘C+’ level
- Knowledge of mathematics demonstrated by one of the following:
- Math 11 Foundations with a minimum ‘C+’ grade or equivalent, or
- Pre-Calculus 11 with a minimum 'C+' grade or equivalent, or
- VCC Math 0861 and 0871 with a minimum 'C+' grade, or
- VCC Math Assessment with the following scores: Basic Math with a minimum 80% and Algebra with a minimum 60%
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills
- An interest in the field of business and marketing
- Good basic computer literacy and working knowledge of various social media programs
- Ability to work well with others on a diverse team environment
Marketing Technology Diploma
|MGMT 1004||Communications in the Canadian Workplace||3|
|MGMT 1007||Financial Accounting||3|
|MGMT 1001||Business Mathematics||3|
|MGMT 1021||Computer Applications for Management||3|
|MGMT 1006||Fundamentals of Marketing||3|
|MGMT 1002||The Canadian Economy||3|
|MGMT 1003||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 1012||Indigenous Business in Canada||3|
|MGMT 1011||Information Technology Management||3|
|MKTG 1024||Customer Relationship Management||3|
|MGMT 2017||Canadian Business Law||3|
|MGMT 2006||Business Analysis and Systems Design||3|
|MKTG 2004||Professional Selling||3|
|MKTG 2031||Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software Administration||3|
|MGMT 2003||Business Data Analytics||3|
|MGMT 1010||Business Sustainability and Ethics||3|
|MKTG 2005||Marketing Automation||3|
|MKTG 2041||Advanced Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Administration||3|
|MKTG 2008||International E-Commerce||3|
|MKTG 2009||Advertising and Marketing Communication||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $10,000
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.