What you will learn
- Leadership and communication skills
- Logistics for local and destination weddings and events
- Themes, cultures, traditions, and protocols
- Marketing strategies and planning
- Public relations and social media
- Pricing and product distribution
- Vendor and supplier contract negotiation
- Food and beverage requirements
- Décor, flowers, hair and makeup
- Photographers and entertainment
- Business, financial, and legal documents
- Contingency planning
- Ethics, professionalism, and workplace standards
- Business mathematics and event costing
What to expect
- Lectures and demonstrations
- Group activities
- Individual and group projects
- Field trips
- Practical assignments
- Theory and/or practical exams
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older, or a secondary school graduate.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Willingness and ability to reflect on their own practice
- Ability to apply a concept (idea/vision) to an application (event)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to conduct research and apply findings to specific projects
- Familiarity with business English
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfortable planning and working independently
- Able to adapt to changing situations and formulate contingency plans
This program can be completed in one to two years.
|EVNT 1107||Destination Weddings||2|
|EVNT 1108||Wedding Planning||2|
|EVNT 1109||Event Planning||2|
|BUSI 1315||Media and Public Relations||2|
|LEAD 1150||Introduction to Business||2|
|LEAD 1151||Human Resource Management||2|
|LEAD 1153||Sales and Marketing Management||2|
|LEAD 1154||Business Ethics||2|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The College reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.