Earn high school-level science credits needed to access VCC career programs, university transfer, or other career opportunities.
- Students should be 18 years of age or older, or out of the public school system for at least one year.
- College assessments in reading, writing and mathematics will be required.
- All students must see an advisor for course placement and permission to register
- ESL students wishing to register in self-paced:
- Mathematics must have completed Upper Intermediate English or higher
- Physics must have completed Upper Advanced English or higher
- Biology must have completed English 059 or higher, and
- General Science must have completed Upper Advanced English or higher.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and other documents as required by their course or program. Seats are offered to eligible applicants with completed applications, in order of application completion date (except for programs with competitive admissions). A complete application includes an application form, evidence of educational pre-requisites (e.g. transcripts), any required supporting documents (e.g. language proficiency, audition video), and the required deposit or fee payment. If you do not meet the requirements for the term applied, your application may be cancelled.
Missing prerequisites? Learn more about VCC's tuition-free academic upgrading or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses, or discover which university transfer options are right for you.
|BIOL 0861||Biology 11 Part 1||4|
|BIOL 0871||Biology 11 Part 2||4|
|BIOL 0983||Biology 12 Part 1||4|
|BIOL 0993||Biology 12 Part 2||4|
|PHYS 0861||Physics 11 Part 1||4|
|PHYS 0871||Physics 11 Part 2||4|
|SCIE 0751||Science 10||4|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
These courses are tuition free! The following non-tuition fees apply. The StudentAid BC Adult Upgrading Grant may cover the cost of these fees. See Financial Aid for Adult Upgrading Grant application information.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Student union||55||per term|
|College initiative||8||per course|
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
subject to eligibility
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
Need help with tuition?
Explore your options for scholarships, grants, bursaries, and loans.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
Are you interested in these courses?
STEP 1: Apply online
Applications are open on EducationPlanner BC! Under Select Your Program choose:
- Adult Basic Education - Grade 10-12 (Self-Paced Individual Courses)
STEP 2: You must meet the prerequisite requirements for the course(s) you want to take. There are two ways to do this:
1) Submit your official transcripts to the Registrar's Office when you apply.
- Use this option if you have transcripts showing you meet the prerequisite requirements.
2) Get permission from the College and Career Access department to register. You can contact the department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Use this option if you do not have transcripts.
If your transcripts or departmental approval show you meet the prerequisites, you will be able to register online.
VCC Registrar's Office
1155 East Broadway
Vancouver, B.C., V5T 4V5