What you will learn
- Effective communication for organizational advancement
- Ethical actions regarding stakeholders and the environment
- Critical business thinking
- Accounting, finance, and investment principles
- Leadership theories and perspectives
- Human-resource processes and systems
- Sales and marketing strategies including non-profit and global selling
- Team building in a multicultural workplace
- Approaches to small business, technology, and competition
What to expect
- Practical assignments
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older, or a secondary school graduate.
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Highly motivated
- Able to work well in a structured environment
- Ability to work with confidence independently and on a team
- Ability to reflect on their own practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- High performance standards
- Initiator, self-starter
- Flexible, adaptable
This program can be completed in one to three years.
|LEAD 1150||Introduction to Business||2|
|LEAD 1151||Human Resource Management||2|
|LEAD 1153||Sales and Marketing Management||2|
|LEAD 1154||Business Ethics||2|
|Two of the following from the Management Skills for Supervisors Certificate:||4|
|Interpersonal Communication Skills|
|Essential Management Skills|
|Four of the following from the Leadership Certificate:||2|
|Problem Solving and Action Planning|
|From Conflict to Collaboration|
|Facilitation Skills for Team Leaders|
|Creative Thinking at Work|
|Stepping Up to Leadership|
|Using Leadership Language|
|Building a Productive Team|
|Finding Time for Results|
|The Science and Art of Leadership|
|Business Communication for Leaders|
|Training for High Performance|
|Two of the following from the Associate Certificate in Leadership Coaching:||1|
|Coaching for High Performance|
|Essential Leadership Coaching Skills|
|Taking Your Leadership Coaching to the Next Level|
|The Coach's Toolkit|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.