Foundations in ECCE (ECCE 1301)
This course provides an overview and introduction to the theories and practices of early childhood care and education profession. Key themes include:
- types and terminology of child care services
- the structure and organization of child care in BC
- historical figures and their contributions to the profession
- current research, trends and issues; the sociology of Canadian families
- the role of the early childhood educator and an orientation to philosophy
- goals and objectives of quality early childhood programs.
- included in this course is Integrated Program Planning I which provides students an opportunity for to be “Active Observers” in a childcare centre.
This course also introduces three frameworks that are fundamental to ensuring an integrated approach to planning programs for young children.
* Note: The CRNs listed below could be restricted to specific program areas.
To register for this course, check the information for your program:
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include GST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees
will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* Refund Policy
and Refund Procedure