What you will learn
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
1. Design, deliver and evaluate adult learning and teaching on a continuum of instructional approaches.
2. Integrate critical reflection strategies to stay current in education and bring about change in one's own practice.
3. Act in an ethical and professional manner when working in an adult education setting.
What to expect
A wide variety of instructional strategies is used in the program. Instructional strategies may include interactive lecture, presentations, assignments, guest speakers, discussions, group work, field trips, and case studies.
Courses may be offered in online, face-to-face, and blended formats. PIDP 3220 must be taken face-to-face.
English language proficiency at an English 11 level
- Evidence of subject matter expertise as demonstrated by a diploma, bachelor's degree, trades certification, substantial workplace experience, or departmental approval
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
The TTSC is appropriate from those with no teaching experience to those with substantial teaching experience but little training in instructional skills. Students should have:
- a willingness to participate in a wide variety of instructional strategies, both face-to-face and online
- basic computer skills
- the ability to work independently and with others
|PIDP 3210||Curriculum Development||3|
|PIDP 3220||Delivery of Instruction||2|
|PIDP 3230||Evaluation of Learning||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.