COVID-19 latest update:

VCH and VCC partner in COVID-19 testing site



We are temporarily moving in-person/face-to-face campus services for students and the public to online/phone call only options.

See the full list of affected services and contact information.


Admissions and Student Records


Apply to VCC

Thank you for choosing VCC. Applying is easy - you can apply online or complete an application form and submit it in person.

Once you apply to VCC, you can check your application status. Please use the temporary login ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you used to complete your original application. In the event an application is considered complete on the same day for more than one applicant, the order of offer will be determined by Grade Point Average (GPA). If you need to change any of your contact information during the application process, please fax or email the student information change form

After you have been accepted, you will receive a permanent username and password to login and register for courses using myVCC.


General admissions requirements

Please ensure you have reviewed the program-specific requirements available on your program page.

General college admissions requirements are as follows:

  • VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students. In accordance with federal and provincial requirements, all students who are not Canadian citizens must provide immigration or Visa documents when applying or registering for VCC programs and courses.                 
  • VCC is committed to educating adult learners; applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply)                 
  • Please note that you must submit official transcripts and educational documents to support your application.

Submitting transcripts and academic credentials

All academic credentials, transcripts and test scores submitted to the college must be official.

If transcripts are written in a language other than English, an official copy of an authorized English translation must be submitted in addition to the original transcript. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and the documents must be translated by a recognized translation service such as MOSAIC (Multilingual Orientation Service Association for Immigrant Communities). Further information about certified translations can be accessed through the Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia.

Transcripts issued in French from Canadian institutions do not need to be translated.

VCC retains all official documents which have been submitted to us in support of an application for admission or transfer credit. We do not return or photocopy these documents for students. For more information about official documents please call 604.871.7000.


Transfer credits

Students with prior post-secondary education must officially request transfer credits through the Registrar's Office by completing an Approval for Transfer Credit form and attach all required documents. For more information, please call 604.871.7000.

Students transfering between post-secondary institutions in B.C. may refer to the BC Transfer Guide to find program transfer credits or BC Articulation Handbook for entrance requirement equivalencies. 


Fees and payments

Please visit our fees and payments page for more information.


Photo ID

Please bring your VCC registration papers and a piece of valid photo ID. VCC student cards are free and available from Photo ID Services at the Registrar's Office. Replacement cards are available at a cost of $25.


Update student information

Returning students must update their information using myVCC. Use your student ID number to log in. If you experience problems, you can use the password reset form or call 604.871.7000. Students are encouraged to update this information in advance of registration to avoid delays. 

SIN numbers

Starting in the 2019 tax year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all post-secondary institutions to collect Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) for Tuition and Enrolment Certificate tax forms (T2202). Update your SIN now >


Records and transcript requests 

Responsibilities of Student Records include official transcripts, determining awarded transfer credits, enrolment verification, student records and other functions. 

Did you know you can also change your address, check your grades and request transcripts using myVCC? Use your student ID number to log in. If you experience problems, you can use the online reset form to reset your password or call 604.871.7000. 

Transcript request 

A transcript is a record of academic achievement for studies undertaken at an institution. Students may request official transcripts as follows: 

  • Online - Transcripts are only available for students who graduated in the year 2000 or after.
  • In person – speak with someone at the Registrar’s Office.
  • Mail – send an official transcript request including payment and signature to the Registrar's Office.
  • Fax – send official transcript request to 604.443.8450 (Downtown campus) or 604.871.7458 (Broadway campus). Payment and signature must be included.

Payment at the time of request is required for all methods. VCC accepts VISA, Mastercard, and American Express. Please indicate the expiry date. 

The following information is required:

  • Student number (students who are unsure of their student ID number should include their birth date)
  • Student name or name of registration (maiden name if applicable)
  • Current address and telephone number (required in the event we need to contact you with further questions)
  • The number of transcripts required (cost is $5 + GST each) 

Transcripts can be: 

  • Mailed to your choice of destination.  Request must include complete mailing address including postal code.
  • Picked up at the requested campus. Picture ID will be requested in order to release the transcripts. If someone other than the student is picking up the transcript, the student's signature and authorization is required with the name of the person picking up the transcript. 

Note: Transcript requests take one week or longer to process. 


Document request 

Requests for documents such as verification of enrolment, convocation letter for visa requests, and additional credentials can be made by completing the document request form and submitting it as follows:

  • E-mail – email to
  • In person - at the Registrar's Office
  • Mail – send the form including payment and signature to the Registrar's Office
  • Fax – send official document request to 604.443.8450 (Downtown campus) or 604.871.7458 (Broadway campus). Payment and signature must be included.


Withdrawals and refunds 

Please review the withrawal and refunds policy


Locations, hours, and contact information

Broadway campus
Level 4, building A

Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.

Admissions and records inquires: 604.871.7000
Or toll free from anywhere in Canada or the U.S.: 1.866.565.7820

Downtown campus
Level 1, near Pender Street entrance

Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Contact us:

Admissions and records inquires: 604.871.7000
Or toll free from anywhere in Canada or the U.S.: 1.866.565.7820