Admissions, Registration and Records

New and returning applicants. Scroll down to find information about:

Current students and alumni. Click the box below to find information about:

Current students and alumni: Visit the Student Records page

 How to Apply and Answers to Admissions Questions

 Step 1: Complete an Application

  • Apply at vcc.ca/apply
  • A non-refundable $35 application fee is required (subject to change).
  • For most programs, you will be directed to EducationPlanner BC.
  • Track your application status by logging in to my.vcc.ca. 

Click the dropdowns below for more information.

  • Program requirements: Please ensure you have reviewed the program-specific requirements available on your program page.
  • Age requirements: Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
  • Transcripts and documents requirements: Applicants must submit official transcripts and other documents as required by their course or program. Seats are offered to eligible applicants with completed applications, in order of application completion date (except for researved seats and programs with competitive admissions). If you do not meet the requirements for the term applied, your application may be cancelled.
    A complete application includes:
    • an application form
    • evidence of educational pre-requisites (e.g. transcripts)
    • any required supporting documents (e.g. language proficiency, audition video)
    • the required deposit or fee payment.
  • Information for Indigenous applicants: Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
  • Information for international applicants: Program options for international students are available at VCC International.

 Step 2: Submit Supporting Documents

  • Official transcripts
  • Proof of English language proficiency
  • Non-academic admissions requirements (if applicable): Criminal Record Check, TB Screening, CPR and Standard First Aid, Immunization Record, N95 Respiratory Mask
  • Transfer credits (if applicable)

Click the dropdowns below for more information.

All academic credentials, transcripts and test scores submitted to the college must be official. (Unofficial copies may be accepted for initial admissions assessments and conditional offers of admission, but you must provide official copies before receiving an unconditional offer, unless you are notified otherwise.)

Transcripts are considered official when they are:

  • received by VCC through mail from the sending institution, and
  • the transcript is in a sealed, untampered envelope, and
  • the transcript has the institutional seal, stamp, or signature.


  • received by VCC electronically from the sending institution through a verified transcript service

How to submit official transcripts

High School transcripts:

  • BC High School transcripts can be sent electronically to VCC through the StudentTranscripts Service (STS)
  • All other high school transcripts must be sent by the school or issuing authority to VCC by mail (see addresses below)
    • Physical documents sent to VCC are not returned or copied for students.

Post-Secondary transcripts:

  • BC post-secondary transcripts can be sent electronically to VCC by the following institutions:
    • Douglas College
    • Langara College
    • University of the Fraser Valley (UFV)
  • All other post-secondary transcripts must be sent by the institution to VCC by mail (see addresses below)
    • Physical documents sent to VCC are not returned or copied for students.

Transcripts in a language other than English:

  • An official copy of an authorized English translation must be submitted in addition to the original transcript. Translations must be literal, complete versions of original records, and the documents must be translated by a recognized translation service.
    • MOSAIC (Multilingual Orientation Service Association for Immigrant Communities) is one recognized translation service provider.
    • The Society of Translators and Interpreters of British Columbia has more information about certified translation services.
    • NOTE: Transcripts issued in French from Canadian institutions do not need to be translated.

For more information about official documents please call 604.871.7000.

Mailing information: 

Broadway campus

Attn: Registrar's Office
Vancouver Community College
1155 E. Broadway
Vancouver, B.C.
V5T 4V5

Downtown campus

Attn: Registrar's Office
Vancouver Community College
250 W. Pender Vancouver, B.C.
V6B 1S9

This page has information on admissions equivalencies for:

  • High school courses taken in other Canadian provinces
  • Advanced Placement (AP) courses*
  • International Baccalaureate (IB) courses

*Note: AP and IB courses may be eligible for college credit if they are not used for admissions pusposes. 


Out of Province Grade 12 Equivalency Chart

Check Grade 12 equivalency for courses taken in other Canadian provinces


Advanced Placement (AP)
Grade Conversion Scale and Course Equivalents

 High school course equivalents

AP Courses

British Columbia Courses

AP English Language and Composition

English 12, English Studies 12
English First Peoples (EFP) 12

AP Biology

Biology 12

AP Calculus AB

Pre-calculus 12

AP Calculus BC

Pre-calculus 12

AP Chemistry

Chemistry 12

AP Physics 2: Algebra Based
AP Physics C: Electricity and Magnetism

Physics 12

AP Computer Science A
AP Computer Science Principles

Computer Science 12

AP Environmental Science

Environmental Science 12

AP Statistics

Statistics 12

Grade conversions

5 = 96% 4 = 86% 3 = 80% 2 = 70% 1 = not accepted

      Please note:

  • Official AP examination results of 4 or 5 may qualify for transfer credit.



International Baccalaureate (IB)
Grade Conversion Scale and Course Equivalents

High school course equivalents 

IB Courses

British Columbia Courses

English (HL/SL)

English 12,
English Literature 12,
English 12 First Peoples (EFP)

Biology (HL/SL)

Biology 12

Chemistry (HL/SL)

Chemistry 12

History (HL/SL),
History of Europe and the Islamic World (HL),
Social, Cultural Anthropology (HL/SL)

History 12 or Geography 12

Mathematics (HL/SL),
Further Mathematics (SL)

Pre-Calculus 12

Math Studies

Pre-Calculus 12

Physics (HL/SL)

Physics 12

Computer Science (HL/SL),
Design Technology (HL/SL),
Environmental Systems

Health Science 12

Grade conversions

7 = 98% 6 = 90% 5 = 86% 4 = 77% 3 = 70%

      Please note

  • Students need to request for official transcripts from IB.
  • Official IB examination results with a minimum grade of a 4 may also qualify for transfer credit.
  • Grade of 2 and 1 are considered fails.
  • Courses with exam grades of 3 or less will not be eligible for credit or advance standing.



 BC High School Course Name Changes

*Check your program for details. Not all courses are accepted for admission (courses in bold may be accepted).

 Effective Date: September 1, 2019

Course Name prior to 2019

Course Name after 2019

English 10

Composition 10
Creative Writing 10
Literary Studies 10
New Media 10
Spoken Language 10

English 11

Composition 11
Creative Writing 11
Literary Studies 11
New Media 11
Spoken Language 11

English 12

English Studies 12

English Literature 12

Literary Studies 12
New Media 12
Spoken Language 12

Writing 12

Composition 12
Creative Writing 12

English First Peoples 10

EFP Writing 10
EFP Literary Studies 10
EFP New Media 10
EFP Spoken Language 10

English First Peoples 11

EFP Literary Studies and Writing 11
EFP Literary Studies and New Media 11
EFP Literary Studies and Spoken Language 11

Biology 11

Life Sciences 11

Biology 12

Anatomy and Physiology 12

Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 10

Workplace Mathematics 10

Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 11

Workplace Mathematics 11

Apprenticeship and Workplace Mathematics 12

Apprenticeship Mathematics 12


You may be eligible for transfer credit if you have:

To be considered for transfer credit:

  1. submit an application to a VCC program
  2. submit a request for transfer credit form to transfercredit@vcc.ca
  3. submit official transcripts. Transcripts are considered official when:
    • Received by mail from the sending institution, in a sealed untampered envelope.
    • The transcript has the institutional seal, stamp or signature.

Important information:

  • Transfer Credit cannot be awarded for courses used towards program Admissions Requirements.
  • The Transfer Credit process is not required to meet VCC Program Admissions Requirements, however, Official Transcripts for studies not completed at VCC will be required by Admissions to assess Program Admissions Requirements.
  • Transfer Credit in combination with credits received through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) will not exceed a maximum of 75% of a program.
  • If you are an International Student, please refer to the Transfer Credit page for International Students.

For more information, please email transfercredit@vcc.ca.

Some programs have specific non-academic admission requirements in addition to the general and academic admission requirements. Non-academic admissions requirements include Criminal Record Checks, CPR, TB screening, immunizations, auditions, and portfolios.

Applicants should be aware of any non-academic requirements prior to entering a program. Be sure to review the requirements specific to your program.

Criminal Record Checks

How to complete and submit your Criminal Record Check to VCC:

Important information about Criminal Record Checks:

In accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act, a Criminal Record Check (CRC) must be completed for all individuals who work with vulnerable adults and/or children. CRC’s are completed through the Ministry of Justice, and applicants are responsible for any costs incurred to complete the CRC. The Ministry of Justice sends completed Criminal Record Check results directly to the Registrar’s Office.

Applicants should be aware that some programs have practicum placements that require completion of a Criminal Record Check.  If you are found to present a risk to vulnerable populations by the Ministry of Justice, you will not be permitted to enter the practicum. If the practicum is required for your program, this means that you will not be able to complete the program and will not graduate. Therefore, you should consider this requirement carefully before applying to, or continuing in, the program.

Any student who is charged with or convicted of a criminal offence subsequent to a Criminal Record Check must immediately inform the Department Leader and the Registrar’s Office.

TB Screening

Some programs require submission of a negative TB test. Review your program page for details.


  • If the TB test is positive, a negative TB chest x-ray is required.
  • Clinical facilites may deny access to practicum placement if proof of negative TB screening is not completed.
  • If the TB screening is required upon acceptance to the program, the completed TB test results must be submitted to Admissions in the Registrar’s Office.

CPR and Standard First Aid

The requirements for CPR certification and/or Standard First Aid training are specific to each program. To ensure that you meet this requirement, please review your program page.

Students should be aware that current CPR and/or Standard First Aid status is required for all clinical and practicum placements.


Some programs require the completion of an Immunization Record. The completed form must be submitted to the department on the first day of classes.

Applicants should be aware that some programs have practicum placements that require specific immunizations. If the practicum is required for your program, failure to meet the immunization requirements could mean that you will not be able to complete the program and will not graduate. Therefore, you should consider this requirement carefully before applying to, or continuing in, the program.  

Students should be aware that clinical facilities may decline a practicum placement if a student is unable to provide proof of immunizations or satisfactory serum titers.

Immunizations in the following are strongly recommended and in some cases may be required for practicum placement:    

  • Diphtheria
  • Tetanus
  • Pertussis
  • Poliomyelitis (Polio)
  • Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)
  • Influenza (required on an annual basis)
  • Hepatitis B
  • Meningococcal
  • Influenza vaccination (annually)
  • COVID-19 vaccination

N95 Respiratory Mask

Regulations stipulate that a properly fitted respiratory mask must be used when providing care to patients with suspected, known, or probable cases of acute respiratory infections.

The respiratory mask must be an N95 respirator that is individually fitted by a trained provider, following CSA guidelines. This individual mask fitting should be done just prior to beginning your program. Mask fitting must be done annually. Students are responsible for the cost of the mask fitting.

An original certificate must be presented to the department on the first day of classes.

Other Non-academic Admission Requirements

There may be other non-academic admission requirements for your program. These may include auditions, portfolios, letters of intent, work or volunteer history, or others. Check the requirements specific to your program.

Step 3: Make a Commitment and Register

  • Pay the commitment fee. After receiving a letter of acceptance by email, pay your commitment fee online.
  • Register. Check your email for information on registration. For some programs and courses, you will register yourself online. For other programs, VCC will register you in your classes.
  • Get your photo ID card.
  • Keep in touch. If your contact information changes, remember to update VCC.

Click the dropdowns below for more information.

Where to get your VCC Student Identification card (ID):

  • Registrar's Office at the Broadway or Downtown campus
  • Check the Registrar's Office hours before your visit

What to bring:

  • Your VCC registration information
  • One piece of valid photo identification

How much it costs:

  • First card: Free
  • Replacement card: $20


Returning students must update their information using myVCC. Use your student ID number to log in. If you experience problems, you can use the online reset form to reset your password or call 604.871.7000 option 4. Students are encouraged to keep this information current.

Step 4: Pay for Your Classes

  • Check your invoice. You will be sent an official invoice outlining your payment amounts and dates.
  • Pay online. Log in to my.vcc.ca and visit My Services to make an online payment. 

Click the dropdowns below for more information.

Defer Your Admission or Withdraw

We understand that your circumstances might change. Find information on deferring your admission or withdrawing from courses.

Click the dropdowns below for more information.

You may be able to defer your admission to an intake that starts within one year of the intake of your original application or acceptance. If your deferral is approved, you do not need to resubmit educational documents or pay an application fee. Some programs may require you to update time sensitive documents (e.g. CPR certification, math assessment, etc.); you will be informed of any requirements.

You may request to defer your admission if:

  • you received a letter of acceptance, or
  • you submitted a complete application by the deadline, but you were waitlisted and did not get a seat in the term you applied for, and
  • you have paid any required commitment fee for your original intake, and
  • you defer to an intake that starts within one year of your original intake (e.g. you were waitlisted or accepted to Fall 2024 and you defer to Fall 2025), and
  • your request is for any reason for a regular base program (i.e. not Continuing Studies, Apprenticeship, or individual courses), or
  • your request is for the Dental Hygiene Diploma, BScN, or BScN Advanced Entry program and you have medical evidence of an acute health event, exacerbated chronic condition, pregnancy or similar circumstances

You should understand that:

  • defer requests do not guarantee a seat in your desired intake
  • you may only request to defer your admission and commitment fee one time
  • the commitment fee is non-refundable for any intake
  • your request will be reviewed and approval is subject to seat availability

DEADLINE to submit a defer request:

  • You have a letter of acceptance: Please refer to your letter of acceptance for deadline information.
  • You were waitlisted and did not get a seat: Please refer to the email that informed you your application was cancelled.

To request a deferral:

STEP 1: Complete the Request to Defer Admission form

STEP 2: Email the form to ro@vcc.ca

STEP 3: Check your application status at www.my.vcc.ca for updates. Please note that letters of acceptance for future terms may not be available until closer to your desired intake.  

Base programs

VCC students requesting a withdrawal can either submit the Course Drop/Add and Program Withdrawal form (PDF) or e-mail the Registrar’s Office at ro@vcc.ca. Please provide your name, student ID number, and the name of the course or program you wish to withdraw from.

Continuing Studies programs

For Continuing Studies course withdrawal, please complete and submit the Course Drop/Add and Program Withdrawal (PDF) and forward it to the Continuing Studies Registrar’s Office at continuingstudies@vcc.ca

Please note that withdrawing from a VCC course does not mean that tuition fees are refunded. Students who withdraw must appeal for any refund in excess of the college’s normal refund policy and demonstrate why their discontinuation is exclusive to COVID-19 factors and not learning preference.

Locations, hours, and contact information


Broadway campus

Level 4, building A

Hours of operation:
Monday, Tuesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Downtown campus

Level 1, near Pender Street entrance

Hours of operation:

Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 8:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Thursday: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.


Contact us:

Questions about applications and admissions to VCC, or registration at VCC:
Phone: 604.871.7000, option 4 or toll free from anywhere in Canada or the U.S.: 1.866.565.7820
Email: ro@vcc.ca

Questions about VCC transcript requests, VCC document requests, VCC graduation, transfer credit, VCC grades, or your VCC student record:
Phone: 604.871.7000, option 8 or toll free from anywhere in Canada or the U.S.: 1.866.565.7820
Email: records@vcc.ca