This course focuses on increasing exposure to and improving workplace literacy, digital literacy, and numeracy. Students will have the opportunity to engage in a variety of computer applications used to access employment opportunities.
This course is part of the Career Awareness program.
Course code: CAAW 0635
Length: 60.0 hours
No schedule is currently available. Please check again later.
Course dates and times may vary throughout the term. Select the CRN number below to see a full schedule.
|CRN # ||Dates
|74783||January 3, 2024|
to June 6, 2024
| See full schedule|
Delivery: In Person
Location: VCC Downtown Campus
- Wages, personal finances and budgeting
- Payroll terms and payroll deductions
- Decoding a pay check/pay stub
- Signs and symbols in our society Compose cards, letters, emails, notes
- Filling out forms common in everyday interactions (ie. applications, registration forms)
- Accessing a computer for work processing
- Creating and responding to written and digital workplace communications
- Digital workplace communications (ie, emails) Composing and replying to messages.
- Upload files into emails or Online applications
- Safe Internet protocols
- Social media interactions and social media footprint
- Gratuities expected for certain services and taxes,
- Using a calculator for basic calculations (ie. adding, subtracting)
- Consumer Awareness
How do I apply for this course?
This course is offered as part of a VCC program only.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
† This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.