Interior Design - Accelerated Certificate and Part Time
The Interior Design part-time program at VCC is tailored to the needs of the residential interior design industry. Students learn the theory and practice of interior design through conceptual explorations of space, sustainability research, and computer-aided design programs. Students will discover the power of design by seeking solutions to create and change the spaces that people live, work and play in.
Taught by award winning designers, this certificate-granting program has two processes for completion. The first at your own leisure, taking one to five courses over the duration of five years. The second, an accelerated method designed so that you can complete the program in a year, with a September or January start.
During your studies, you will visit on-site firms, suppliers and manufacturers. This authentic learning experience creates an in-depth understanding of the design industry, enhances classroom learning and provides important exposure to the industry.
The Interior Design Certificate (or equivalent) is required for entry into our National Kitchen and Bath accredited Diploma program and contains several courses that are transferable to Interior Design Diploma programs in British Columbia
The part-time program has start dates of September, January and April. The accelerated 11 month program has a start date of September.
Read information on the following topics:
The program takes 444 hours to complete with total credits of 37.
- AutoCAD for Interior Designers (INTD 1350)
- Basic Drafting Concepts (INTD 1310)
- Colour Theory & Application (INTD 1320)
- Design Basics (INTD 1305)
- Design Drawing (INTD 1315)
- Design for Small Spaces (INTD 1360)
- Materials & Finishes (INTD 1330)
- Presentation (INTD 1370)
- Design Specifications (INTD 1365) (course offered in upcoming terms)
- Design Today (INTD 1340) (course offered in upcoming terms)
- History of Furniture (INTD 1325) (course offered in upcoming terms)
- Lighting (INTD 1345) (course offered in upcoming terms)
- Residential Design (INTD 1355) (course offered in upcoming terms)
- Textiles (INTD 1335) (course offered in upcoming terms)
There are no electives. All courses are required.
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.International students
VCC welcomes international students from around the world to the college's academic or career programs.
To learn more about the English-language requirements for your program of interest, please contact VCC International; to learn more about how to apply, please see the VCC International website.
All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at email@example.com or 604.443.8600.
We look forward to meeting you.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
B.C. Secondary School completion or equivalent.
B.C. Grade 12 level English or equivalent.
All new students are required to fill out a college application form. These forms are available at the Continuing Studies Office, Downtown Campus. There is a $30.00 application fee. All new students are required attend an orientation.
Apply to this Program
Program Coordinator: Donna Hawrelko, 604.871.7000, ext. 8522, firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Assistant: Lou Abaga, 604.871.7000, ext. 8428, email@example.com
|Class Full/In Progress|
|AutoCAD for Interior Designers||INTD 1350||required|
|Basic Drafting Concepts||INTD 1310||required|
|Colour Theory & Application||INTD 1320||required|
|Design Basics||INTD 1305||required|
|Design Drawing||INTD 1315||required|
|Design for Small Spaces||INTD 1360||required|
|Materials & Finishes||INTD 1330||required|
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, admission requirements, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include HST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.