Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Certificate
This 11 ½ week program is a combination of theoretical knowledge and clinical practice. MDR Technicians are an important part of the healthcare team, ensuring equipment and instruments used for patient care, procedures and surgeries are cleaned and sterilized to industry standards.
Please click on the following links for information guides:
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Program Content Guide
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Program Handout Package
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Correspondence Program guide
Read information on the following topics:
The Medical Device Reprocessing Technician program consists of three components: theory, clinical skills, and application of theory in the Sterile Processing Department. Students learn theory and principles in the classroom and lab; and they have scheduled work experiences in the department where they acquire the skills necessary to work in the area and learn to apply principles to their activities.
Entrance Requirement Courses:
VCC welcomes applications from Canadian citizens, permanent residents and international students.International students
VCC welcomes international students from around the world to the college's academic or career programs.
To learn more about the English-language requirements for your program of interest, please contact VCC International; to learn more about how to apply, please see the VCC International website.
All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 604.443.8600.
We look forward to meeting you.
As Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners, applicants should be 18 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school.
1. Minimum Grade 12 or higher education or ICES - Basic Evaluation for educational documents from outside of Canada and USA. For an evaluation application and current fee information, email ICES or call 604.432.8800.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency – ABE (Adult Basic Education) or CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test) completed at our Broadway campus. Note: Scores are valid for one year.
3. Medical Terminology 1 (OACP 1108) taken with five years of application date
4. Interpersonal Communication Skills - Health (MSKL 1104)
The following must be completed three months prior to starting the program: Current CPR ‘C’, Diphtheria & Tetanus, Hepatitis B Series, Negative TB Skin Test/Chest X-ray and recent Criminal Record Check
Register for Courses in this Program
Upon successful completion of pre-requisites, please contact program assistant to apply. Waitlist is approximately 12-18 months. Program start dates are determined based on direction from the Hospital Advisory Committees.
Program Coordinator: Nathan Corbett, 604.871.7000, ext. 8674
Program Assistant: Rebeccah Bennett, 604.871.7000, ext. 8672
If you have already applied to this program, you can use your VCC student number to check your position on the program waiting list .
|Class Full/In Progress|
|Interpersonal/Commun - Health||MSKL 1104||entrance|
|Medical Terminology 1||OACP 1108||entrance|
* All course/program information including course/program content, length, admission requirements, prerequisites, start/end dates, postponements and/or cancellation is subject to change without notice.
* Published fees for Continuing Studies programs and courses include HST (if applicable) as well as a College Initiative Fee, which varies depending on the individual course. Student Union Fees will be assessed at time of registration. Please note: fees displayed on the web do not include Student Union Fees.
* All international students pay international tuition fees. For more information, please contact VCC's international education office at email@example.com or 604.443.8600.