What you will learn
Graduates of the Canadian Business Management Post-Degree Diploma will be able to:
- Communicate effectively and respectfully as business professionals
- Work with others to solve problems and manage projects
- Apply core leadership competencies in the business sector
- Evaluate financial information and financial implications related to business decisions to support the goals of a business enterprise
- Improve business procedures by applying up-to-date principles of operations management
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound management decisions and recommendations
- Manage cross-culturally with adaptability, flexibility, openness and confidence
- Manage basic human relations issues in a business setting
- Evaluate the impact of various economic, legal, cultural, political and geopolitical systems on business and leadership
- Act in an ethical and socially responsible manner within the legal framework of the Canadian business sector
- Employ sustainable decision-making and practices in their work as business professionals
What to expect
The courses will be presented using a variety of instructional strategies, resources and activities including lectures, case studies, presentations and guest speakers. A strong emphasis will be placed on using recent case studies from Canadian businesses to highlight the theoretical material. During the final 14 weeks of the program, students will be placed in a practicum with a local business.
The admission requirement is an undergraduate degree from an accredited university.
If the degree was not granted by a university in an English speaking country, applicants will be required to have one of the following tests written within the last 24 months:
- IELTS – A minimum 6.5 score overall and no score less than 6.0 on the Academic version
- TOEFL – An 84 score overall and a minimum score of 21 in reading, listening, writing and speaking
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- A strong foundation in mathematics and English.
- Motivated and disciplined.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experienced in word processing and use of spreadsheets
|MGMT 1001||Business Mathematics||3|
|MGMT 1002||The Canadian Economy||3|
|MGMT 1003||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 1004||Communications in the Canadian Workplace||3|
|MGMT 1007||Financial Accounting||3|
|MGMT 1005||Organizational Behaviour||3|
|MGMT 1006||Fundamentals of Marketing||3|
|MGMT 1009||Business Statistics||3|
|MGMT 1019||Preparation for the Canadian Workplace 1||3|
|MGMT 1011||Information Technology Management||3|
|MGMT 2014||Financial Management||3|
|MGMT 2012||Human Resources Management||3|
|MGMT 2013||Management Skills for Supervisors||3|
|MGMT 2017||Canadian Business Law||3|
|MGMT 2019||Preparation for the Canadian Workplace 2||1.5|
|MGMT 1010||Business Sustainability and Ethics||3|
|MGMT 2020||Workplace Practicum||10.5|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $10,000
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
This is an international cohort program. As international cohorts are exclusively for international students, international feesapply throughout the duration of the program.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.