Five reasons to bike to VCC
Posted on May 13, 2014
VCC is encouraging all students, staff, faculty and administration to take part in Metro Vancouver’s Bike to Work Week from Monday, May 26 to Sunday June 1.
Top five reasons to participate in Bike to VCC week:
- Win prizes! By registering and logging your daily commute with HUB (link), you will be eligible to win a new bike and other prizes. In addition to these prizes, VCC will be giving away an iPad to one lucky student, staff member, faculty or administration that register as a VCC team member.
- Let’s beat Langara! Langara has challenged VCC for most kilometers logged.
- Enjoy a faster commute: Avoid gridlock on the roads, crowded SkyTrains, and fighting for parking around VCC.
- Get healthy: Studies show that people who cycle on a regular basis are healthier, more productive and take fewer sick days.
- Be energized: exercise naturally releases endorphins that give you a boost. These endorphins will help you feel more alert and awake while studying or working at VCC.
Bike to VCC week
Monday, May 26 to Friday, May 30
Register and login at: bikehub.ca
Team Name: Vancouver Community College!
Drop by the VCC sponsored commuter stations on Wednesday, May 29 (Downtown campus, corner of Dunsmuir and Hamilton) from 7 to 9 a.m. and Thursday, May 30 (China Creek South Skatepark, across from the Broadway campus on East 10th) from 4 to 6 p.m. Raffles for gift certificates and free granola bars, fruit and coffee (courtesy of the VCC baking department) will be available at both commuter stations.