Post-Graduation Work Permit
International students who graduate from VCC will be eligible to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) provided they:
- Have completed full-time studies in a program of 8 months or more
- Have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that they are eligible to obtain their degree, diploma or certificate
- Maintained full-time status as a student in Canada, with exception of scheduled breaks and final semester which can be part-time
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime work permit. You should be selective about when to apply for it. If you are completing a second certificate or diploma or completing a degree, you may decide to wait until after you have completed your full period of study before applying for the PGWP.
- Applications for a PGWP does not guarantee approval as it is up to the immigration officer to determine your eligibility.
For information about the Post-Graduation Work Permit, visit the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada and British Columbia Learn Live websites.