What you will learn
- Use, operate and care for Samsung appliances including but not limited to: refrigerators (2 door bottom mount, 2 door side by side, 3 door French, 4 door French, and 4 door), Washers (top load and front load), dryer, dishwasher (basic model and water wall), stoves (free standing, slide in induction, and radiant element stove), and counter top microwaves
- Safely use testing meters to measure and calculate amperage, voltage and resistance in order to assist in proper diagnostic operation.
- Explain, differentiate, and test a variety of motors, compressors, pumps, and solenoid used in Samsung appliances
- Safely troubleshoot circuits for home electricity and appliance applications
- Read and follow wiring diagrams, temperature charts, and sensor documentation in order to troubleshoot Samsung domestic appliances
- Troubleshoot pre-error appliances
- Execute diagnostic procedures on domestic appliances in accordance with health and safety standards
- Operate all cycles of the 6 major domestic appliances
- Program all diagnostic self-tests for the 6 major domestic appliances
- Fully disassemble all 6 major domestic appliances
- Fully reassemble all 6 major domestic appliances
- Assure full functionality after reassembly of all 6 major domestic appliances
- Diagnose and troubleshoot error codes and issues for all 6 major domestic appliances
What to expect
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
2 courses (120 hours of instruction) over 10-12 weeks.
|SAMS 0203||Measurement and Instrumentation in Samsung Service|
|SAMS 0223||Samsung Systems and Controls|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.