- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. Program options for international students can be found at VCC International.
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- Before applying for apprenticeship training at VCC, you and your employer sponsor must first register your apprenticeship with SkilledTradesBC. After registering, you will receive an SkilledTradesBC ID number (or ITA number), which is required when enrolling at VCC.
Missing prerequisites? Learn more about VCC's tuition-free academic upgrading or English as a Second Language (ESL) courses, or discover which university transfer options are right for you.
Level 1 - 10 weeks; Level 2 - 5 weeks.
Prior learning assessment and recognition
Applicants who have relevant work experience (in B.C. or elsewhere) or previous trades training could qualify for credit toward their apprenticeship program. Learn more
|HSAP 1100||Hairstylist Level 1 Apprenticeship||12|
|HSAP 1200||Hairstylist Level 2 Apprenticeship||6|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
REGISTER YOUR APPRENTICESHIP
Before applying for apprenticeship training at VCC, you and your employer sponsor must first register your apprenticeship with the SkilledTradesBC. After registering, you will receive an SkilledTradesBC ID number, which is required when enrolling at VCC.
CHOOSE YOUR LEVEL(S)ONLINETo register for an individual apprenticeship level, choose from the options below and register online.To register for multiple apprenticeship levels, or if you need help registering, please email email@example.com.
† B.C. Labour Market Outlook 2018