VCC Entrance awards
How to Apply
This is your step-by-step guide to applying for Entrance Awards
Before you apply for an Entrance Award, you need to:
- apply to a full-time VCC program that is eligible for Entrance Awards
- make sure you will meet all of the admissions requirements for the program by the application deadline
- be a domestic student (Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident)
You can apply for an Entrance Award before you have received a letter of admission, but you must be formally accepted into a program in order to receive an award.
- Option 1: Type your answers in the online application form.
- Option 2: Provide your answers in a video (maximum 10 minutes).
- Email a link to the video to email@example.com.
- Option 3: You may choose to provide your answers at an in-person meeting with the selection committee.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting time.
- Option 1: Write letters of reference.
- You should email one or both letters of reference to email@example.com.
- Option 2: Provide their statements in a video.
- You should email links to the video(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option 3: If you choose to submit your application through an in-person meeting with the selection committee, one or both of your references may choose to present their reference in person at the meeting.
Once you have prepared your application answers and collected your references, you are ready to submit. Please submit your personal statement and your references at the same time.
- Start your application on the Entrance Awards online application page
- You need to start your application here, even if you are submitting by video or in person
Once you have completed the online application form, you need to submit the remaining documents.
- Email one or both of your reference letters or links to reference videos to email@example.com (unless both of your references will submit in person to the selection committee)
If you are submitting your personal statement by video:
- Email a link to your video to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are submitting your personal statement or references in person to the selection committee:
- Email email@example.com to arrange a meeting time
Entrance Awards applications are reviewed by the selection committee from April 1 - May 1 annually. VCC will notify you by email if you have or have not been selected for an Entrance Award. Please check your email and your 'junk' email folder.
If you are selected for an award, you must confirm your acceptance of the award by June 1 (or the date provided on your award notice).
If you are selected to receive an Entrance Award, the award will be applied as tuition credits on your account after the second week of the term.
You will receive:
- half of the award amount issued as a tuition credit on your VCC account in September
- half of the award amount issued as a tuition credit on your VCC account in January
Note: If you withdraw before the January term, you will not receive the second credit amount.