Student Complaints


Not sure where to begin? For assistance in resolving or submitting complaints, students may contact:

  • Arbiter of Student Issues
    The Arbiter of student issues works with both students and prospective students around their rights, obligations, and options when it comes to appeals and complaints
  • Office of Student Conduct
    The Office of Student Conduct supports students to act in a manner that respects others and promotes their well-being and safety.
  • Students' Union of VCC - Office of the Students' Advocate
    The Students' Union of VCC Students' Advocate provides a safe, confidential and informal environment for students to discuss conflicts, complaints or disputes. The Students' Advocate can provide support and assistance with interpretation of VCC policies and procedures.

Instructional Areas

For complaints about courses, programs and instruction, please contact the appropriate instructor or Department Head (for informal complaints), or Dean (for formal complaints).

  • School of Arts and Sciences
  • School of Health Sciences
  • School of Hospitality, Food Studies and Applied Business
  • School of Trades, Technology and Design
  • Centre for Continuing Studies
  • School of Instructor Education

Non-Instructional Areas

Complaints should be submitted directly to the Department Leader (for informal complaints) or the Associate Vice President, Dean, Registrar, Director, Associate Director or Manager (for formal complaints).

Commercial Services For complaints about the cafeterias, restaurants, market, bookstores and laundry services.
Facilities Department For complaints about building, furnishings, heating and cooling, cleanliness, any indoor or outdoor space.
Finance Department For complaints about financial aid, tuition, refunds.
Indigenous Education and Community Engagement For complaints about departmental service or practices.
Information Technology For complaints about email accounts, computers and technology generally.
International Education For complaints about departmental service or practices.
Learning Centre and Library Services For complaints about Learning Centres, access to library, services and library holdings.
Registrar’s Office For complaints about registration, admission and timetabling and financial aid.
Safety, Security & Risk Management For complaints about hazards, theft, vandalism, threats, violence, parking, emergency issues.
Student Services For complaints about academic advising, assessment centre, counselling, disability services, interpreting services, student conduct or student services centre.