Future skills grant
Important information about StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) courses and programs for January 2024
You are eligible for FSG grant funding for January 2024 if:
- you started an FSG-eligible program in fall 2023 at VCC, and
- you need to take more courses in the same program to finish, and
- you are taking the courses in the January 2024 term at VCC, and
- you have not exceeded the maximum lifetime allowance of $3500
You are not eligible for FSG grant funding for January 2024 if:
- you are a new student who did not start an FSG-eligible program in fall 2023, or
- you are a returning student who wants to take a different program, or
- you want to start a new course in the School of Instructor Education
More opportunities for FSG funding will be available in September 2024. Find out more information here.
Updated: November 28, 2023
The StrongerBC future skills grant is open to British Columbians aged 19 years or older, regardless of financial need. The grant supports learners to take eligible short-term skills training to upgrade their skills and further their careers, giving them access to well-paid, high-opportunity jobs.
The future skills grant covers up to $3,500 of eligible costs for select courses and programs at public post-secondary institutions in BC. Find out what courses and programs you can take at VCC, check your eligibility, and learn what costs are covered by the grant.
Follow our step-by-step guide to apply and register in VCC future skills courses and programs.