Current Students

SIN Requirement

Social Insurance Number (SIN) now required for student tax forms

Why does VCC need my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

Starting in the 2019 tax year, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) requires all post-secondary institutions to collect Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) for Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202) tax forms (formerly T2202A).

VCC issues T2202 forms in late February each year. Students may download their tax forms by logging into myVCC

To ensure your T2202 form is successfully issued, please submit your SIN by updating your personal information on myVCC or via this secure, online form:


Submit your SIN


Please do not email your SIN.

For more information about tuition and education tax credits, see the latest CRA update.



Apply for a SIN in person at your nearest Service Canada office. Applying for a SIN is free and applicants must present valid original primary identification.

For more information about SIN applications, see the government’s SIN application guide.

Your SIN is printed on your latest Notice of Assessment from the CRA. If this isn’t available, you can request a confirmation of SIN at your nearest Service Canada office.

For more information on SIN confirmation requests, visit the government’s SIN application guide.

Our online form is secure and your SIN is protected by VCC’s privacy policies, however, you may also submit your SIN to VCC Admissions and Records by calling 604.871.7000, option 4.

Domestic students may contact VCC Admissions and Records at our Broadway and Downtown campuses.

International students may contact VCC International at our Downtown campus.