- For programs starting September 2024 (or later), there are more options for meeting English Language Proficiency requirements. Check requirements for September 2024 (or later).
- For programs starting before September 2024, follow the requirements shown below.
The English language requirements for this program are set by the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry. The information below is valid for January 2024 and May 2024 only.
Starting September 2024, there will be new English language requirements and admissions requirements. The requirements will be updated here.
English language requirements
Health Care Assistant
- English 10 with a passing grade, or equivalent (for applicants whose first language is English, as determined by the BC Care Aid and Community Health Worker Registry's requirements)
- English Language Proficiency
and (all applicants)
- Completion of VCC's English Competency Declaration form (Note: Please use this form if you are applying to start in January or May 2024. If you are applying to start in September 2024 or later, please use the form on the September 2024 requirements page.)
**Note: The BC Care Aide & Community Health Worker Registry has approved changes to the English language requirements. The changes are effective immediately. The significant changes are noted below:
- Applicants whose first language is English may complete the VCC HCA NG Accuplacer with the following scores:
- Reading: 230
- Writing: 230
- WritePlacer: 4