Financial Aid

Adult Upgrading Grant


For students in ESL, ABE and ASE programs

This government-funded grant helps adults enrolled in basic education and skills upgrading courses with non-repayable financial assistance.

What is covered?

  • Tuition fees and other charges such as college initiative fees and student fees.
  • Funding for textbooks and supplies may also be provided.
  • Transportation fees and unsubsidized childcare

Who can apply?

Eligible students are those enrolling in full-time or part-time courses in:

Eligibility depends on financial need. When applying, you will need to demonstrate that your income meets or is below a standard level. In your application, please include your living arrangement and the size of your family. Funding also depends on successfully completing previously-funded courses.

How do I apply?

  1. Download and complete the application form
  2. Bring your completed form to the VCC Finanical Aid office

You will also need:

  • Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency
  • Social Insurance Card
  • Permanent Resident card (if you are a landed immigrant/Permanent Resident)

Still have questions?

Visit the StudentAid BC website to apply or contact the VCC Financial Aid office.