Adult Upgrading Grant
For students in ESL, ABE and ASE programs
This government-funded grant helps adults enrolled in basic education and skills upgrading courses with non-repayable financial assistance.
What is covered?
- Tuition fees and other charges such as college initiative fees and student fees.
- Funding for textbooks and supplies may also be provided.
- Transportation fees and unsubsidized childcare
Who can apply?
Eligible students are those enrolling in full-time or part-time courses in:
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes (Basic Education, College and Career Access, and College Foundations)
- Adult Special Education (ASE) classes
- English as a second language (ESL) classes (English for Academic Purposes, and Pathways)
Eligibility depends on financial need. When applying, you will need to demonstrate that your income meets or is below a standard level. In your application, please include your living arrangement and the size of your family. Funding also depends on successfully completing previously-funded courses.
How do I apply?
- Download and complete the application form
- Bring your completed form to the VCC Finanical Aid office
You will also need:
- Notice of Assessment from Canada Revenue Agency
- Social Insurance Card
- Permanent Resident card (if you are a landed immigrant/Permanent Resident)