Vancouver Community College bursaries are non-repayable grants given to students who demonstrate financial need. Students are expected to have exhausted all other sources of financial assistance including student loans and the Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG).
Who can apply?
Any VCC student who:
- is able to show financial need (AUG or student loan recipients will be given priority)
- is registered full-time student (18 hours ESL/ABE or 60% course load for post-secondary) or is disabled and approved to study at 40%. Part-time students will be considered for a bursary only for emergency situations.
- is receiving passing grades in all courses
When can I apply?
- Apply in September, if your program ends in November, December, January or February
- Apply in January, if your program ends in March, April, May or June
- Apply in June, if your program ends in July, August, September or October
How to apply?
Students can apply through myVCC login. Applications are only accepted online. If you do not have a computer, you can use the computers in the Learning Centre, Library, and the Counselling department.
See the bursary application document for step-by-step instructions on completing your application.