Indigenous Education and Community Engagement
VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement (IECE) team offers friendly, helpful, one-stop student support in a safe and relaxed atmosphere. We are dedicated to creating a safe and empowering environment for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis learners.
- Program advising
- Assistance with applications, funding, and education and career planning
- Liaison between student and VCC programs and services, First Nation administration, sponsoring agencies and community resources
- Assistance with transition into VCC and/or transfer to another post-secondary institution
- Confidential Elder support
- Cultural workshops and celebrations with Elders
VCC campuses have beautiful Indigenous Gathering Spaces that feature computers, resource textbooks, and lounge with study and kitchen areas.