English language requirements
Health Care Assistant - EAL
Students who are applying to VCC's Health Care Assistant - EAL program must meet specific English language requirements, as set by the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry.
The BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry accepts the following assessments. Please refer to the Registry's English Language Competency Requirements document for required scores, except for CLBPT (as noted below):
- Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT)
- Note: The VCC HCA - EAL program requires higher Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test (CLBPT) scores for admission than are listed in the Registry document. The CLBPT must have been completed within the last year with a Listening 6, Speaking 6, Reading 6 and Writing 5.
- Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program (CELPIP – General)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
- Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL)
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)