Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
FAQ - general information
Find answers to some of the most commonly asked questions. Or contact an advisor if you still need help.
Yes. You can complete the Adult Graduation Diploma at VCC by taking at least 3-5 transferrable courses. Note that General Education Development (GED) is no longer an option in British Columbia.
Yes. You can upgrade your high school courses. You can study in class with other students through class-based courses, or on your own schedule with support from instructors through our self-paced courses.
Whether you are a current VCC student or graduate, our VCC career guide can help you find the perfect job.
Almost all programs are eligible for student loans. Please contact the Financial aid office if you have questions.
Most programs have a brief break in between terms, with a few weeks in between December and January. However, some programs may have a longer break. To obtain specific information about breaks in your program, please consult with your respective department.
Note for international students: Programs that are offered to international students often include a term-long break. Contact the VCC International Education office if you have questions.
You will need an official copy of your transcripts as well as an official copy of your English assessment results, if applicable. Depending on your program, you may need to submit a Criminal Record document and proof of Immunization upon acceptance. If you are unsure, please check with an advisor for support.
Some programs are delivered in class, online, or hybrid. When registering for classes, please check the delivery format at the top of the program description.
FAQ - application process
Below you will find answers to frequently asked questions about our application process. If you still need help, contact Advising Services if you have not applied. Contact Admissions & Registration if you have applied.
The best way to pay your fees is online! For details on how to make an online payment, or for other options, please see the Student Accounts Office.
To pay using your bank account (including credit unions), add Vancouver Community College as a “payee,” and use your VCC Student ID number as the “account number.”
To pay through myVCC, log in to your student account, then select the “Pay fees/Tax forms” box. Then, select the applicable term, and "Pay Now". Enter the amount as indicated in your acceptance letter or instalment invoice and complete your payment by credit card.
Find more information about How to Apply.
- Most VCC programs offer seats to eligible applicants in order of the date complete applications were received
- Programs with competitive admission offer seats based on competitive requirements
- VCC offers priority registration and reserved seating for qualified Indigenous applicants in all programs and courses
After you apply, you may have to submit documents or make a payment. It is very important to regularly check your email and your myVCC account for information.
- You will receive an automated email to your preferred email account that will confirm your application has been received by VCC. This email will tell you how to login to myVCC
- Check your application status online by logging into your myVCC account.
- If your application is incomplete, you need to provide additional documents.
- If you are offered a seat in a program, you will be asked to make a payment.
Your application is incomplete until you meet all admissions requirements for your program. You can only be offered a seat in a program if your application is complete and there are seats available. Some programs have competitive admissions.
Your application is not complete until you have met the admissions requirements.
- Check your program page to find out what the requirements are.
- Talk to Advising Services if you have questions about how to meet admissions requirements.
- If you already applied, check your preferred email for updates on outstanding requirements. TIP: Check your 'junk' folder!
Your EI reference code is issued by WorkBC. Follow these steps to retrieve your cod.