Applying to VCC
How to Apply
Are you ready to apply to VCC? Here is your step-by-step guide on how to apply
Before you apply, check the admissions requirements for your program. Make sure you can meet the requirements and submit the required documents by the deadlines provided.
You can apply online for most VCC programs.
- Start at vcc.ca/apply
- For most VCC programs, you will apply through EducationPlanner BC
- A non-refundable application fee is required
- Track your application status by logging in to my.vcc.ca
Do you have questions?
Your application is complete and can be considered for admission once VCC has received all of your documents. These may include:
- Official transcripts
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Non-academic admissions requirements (if applicable): Criminal Record Check, TB Screening, CPR and Standard First Aid, Immunization Record, N95 Respiratory Mask fitting
- Transfer credits (if applicable)
If you do not demonstrate that you meet the requirements for the term you applied for, your application may be cancelled.
- Most VCC programs offer seats to eligible applicants in order of the date complete applications were received
- Programs with competitive admission offer seats based on competitive requirements
- VCC offers priority registration and reserved seating for qualified Indigenous applicants in all programs and courses
Once your application has been reviewed by VCC's Admissions Officers, you will receive an email offering you a seat in your program if you have met the admissions requirements and there are seats are seats available. The email will ask you to pay a non-refundable commitment fee to confirm you accept your seat in the program.
Note: Your Admissions Officer takes care of many applications. It can take several weeks for your application to be reviewed. Please check your email (including your 'junk' folder) for updates from VCC.
Once you have received your offer of admission, confirm your acceptance by paying your commitment fee and registering for classes.
- Pay the commitment fee online.
- Register for classes. Check your email for information on registration. For some programs and courses, you will register yourself online. For other programs, VCC will register you in your classes.
- Get your photo ID card.
- Keep in touch. If your contact information changes, remember to update VCC.
Congratulations on your admission to VCC! You can pay your tuition and fees online.
- Check your invoice. You will be sent an official invoice outlining your payment amounts and dates.
- Pay online. Log in to my.vcc.ca and visit My Services to make an online payment.
Do you have questions?
Visit our Fees and Payments page for more information.
Your VCC Student Identification card gives you access to the library, UPass, and more!
Where to get your VCC Student Identification card (ID):
- Registrar's Office at the Broadway or Downtown campus
- Check the Registrar's Office hours before your visit
What to bring:
- Your VCC registration information
- One piece of valid photo identification
How much it costs:
- First card: Free
- Replacement card: $20 (subject to change)