To request an assessment for a VCC course or program, you need the following 3 pieces of information:
- The name of the VCC course or program you want to get into
- The name of the VCC assessment you need
- A VCC ID number (usually 9 digits and begins with '000')
If you do not have these 3 pieces of information, please speak with one of the following advisors:
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.
- Assessment fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Payment can be made with cash, debit card, or credit card.
- Personal cheques are not accepted for payment.
- Completion of both the Reading and the Writing assessments are required to determine an English level.
- All on-site assessments are delivered at the VCC Broadway campus
On-site ABE reading & writing assessment:
- VCC ABE Reading and Writing assessments are offered several times each month. See the schedule for available dates.
- Photo identification is needed to enter the assessment room (ie: valid passport, driver's license, PR card, BC Service Card, etc.).
- Latecomers will not be able to enter the on-site assessment room.
**NEW APPOINTMENT PROCESS**
You must make an appointment and pay the fee in advance for all ABE Reading & Writing assessments
See the schedule for available appointment dates.
There are 2 ways to request an appointment:
- Email us – email@example.com, or
- Call us – 604.871.7093, option 4
Provide us with the following information:
- Name of the assessment(s) you need
- Name of the VCC Program or Course you are trying to get into
- Your preferred assessment date (see the published schedule)
We will contact you to finalize a date and arrange payment. After payment is made, you will receive an email confirming all appointment details and location information.
If you do not know the name of the assessment or the name of the VCC Program or Course, please speak to a VCC Academic Advisor – 604.871.7000, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Off-site ABE reading and writing assessment - outside the BC Lower Mainland:
If you live outside the BC Lower Mainland and need to do our assessments to get into a VCC program, we can mail our VCC ABE Reading and Writing assessments to your local college.
- Contact Student or Assessment Services at your local college (or reasonable equivalent) and get the name of the contact person who is willing to supervise the assessments for you. This could be an instructor, an assessment centre proctor, etc.
- Complete the request for supervision for off-site assessment form. Have your test supervisor complete their section of the form.
- Once completed, please scan and email the form to email@example.com.
- We will contact you to finalize payment and provide further information.
The test package will then be forwarded to the receiving institution attention to the test supervisor.
All testing materials must be returned by the test supervisor either by Canada Post Xpresspost or by courier with a tracking number. It is the applicant's responsibility to cover the courier cost.
A fee of $40 per assessment and an additional $20 processing fee will be charged before the test package is sent out.
Fees are payable by credit card, a certified cheque, or money order. Assessment fees and processing fees are non-refundable.