If you are inquiring about COVID-19 testing site at VCC, click on this link: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/about-covid-19/covid-19-testing. The VCC Assessment Centre is not associated with the COVID testing site.
Limited in-person computer based Math assessments available on a first come first served basis.
Please click on the appropriate box below for more information and for alternative assessment options.
All inquiries are only by email email@example.com or by phone (604) 871-7093 Option 2.
If you require assistance with program requirements and options, please make an appointment with an Advisor by calling 604.871.7000 Option 2 or by visiting www.vcc.ca/advising.
Every student with a scheduled in-person appointment is required to complete a pre-health screening questionnaire on the day of their appointment. The link to the questionnaire will be provided to you in your confirmation appointment email.
The Duolingo English Test is an online English proficiency test that can be taken online, on-demand, in under an hour for $49 US. The test is taken via a computer (NOT a tablet, ipad or phone) with a camera and includes a proficiency score, video interview, and writing sample. Certified results will be sent to you within 48 hours of the test session.
When you take the Duolingo English Test, you must use the same email that you provided to VCC. Also, you must request the Duolingo results to be sent directly to "VCC - Domestic Admission" as the receiving institution.
** Before you take the Duolingo English Test, you must have a VCC ID#. If you do not have a VCC ID#, you can submit an application to the Registrar's Office https://www.vcc.ca/applying/apply-now/ OR schedule an appointment with an Academic Advisor by calling 604-871-7000 Option 2 or by visiting www.vcc.ca/advising.
After you complete the Duolingo English Test, please email the Assessment Centre firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information. Without this information, we will not be able to enter your scores into our student database.
1) Full Legal Name (Last name and First name)
2) VCC ID#
3) Date of Birth (ex. 05 January 1997)
4) The date you wrote the Duolingo English Test
5) The program you are applying for
6) Your email address (Please use the same email for both Duolingo and VCC)
Here is the link to Duolingo English Test englishtest.duolingo.com/applicants. There is a practice test on their site that we suggest you use to prepare for the English test.
Who to contact for the following:
1) Questions regarding your results - Please make an appointment with an Academic Advisor by calling
604-871-7000, Option 2 or by visiting www.vcc.ca/advising.
2) Application status - Log into www.myvcc.ca.
To login - your username is your VCC student ID number and if it is your first time at logging in, your password (PIN) is your birthdate entered as 6 digits (mmddyy).
Example: birthdate July 6, 1989 would be entered 070689.
VCC offers the following English assessments:
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- CLBPT (Canadian Language Benchmark Placement Test)
- VCC ELA (VCC English Language Assessment)
- VCC ABE Reading and Writing assessments
Which assessment should you take?
A VCC advisor can help you determine which assessment you should take:
An English as an Additional Language (EAL) assessment is recommended if:
- English is your second or additional language and you have studied ESL, transitional English or communications OR
- English is your second or additional language and you have not studied at least 3 years of academic English in a Canadian high school
A VCC ABE (Adult Basic Education) Reading & Writing assessment is recommended if:
- English is your first language OR
- English is your second or additional language and you have completed at least 3 years of academic English in a Canadian high school
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.