To book an online Math assessment appointment for a VCC course or program, you will need the following 3 pieces of information:
- A VCC ID number (ususally 9 digits and begins with ‘000’)
- The name of the VCC course or program you want to get into
- The name of the VCC Math assessment you need
If you do not have the above 3 pieces of information, please speak with one of the following advisors:
- VCC Academic Advisor - for VCC courses and programs for domestic students
- VCC Continuing Studies - for VCC Continuing Studies courses and programs
- VCC International Education - for all international VCC students
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.
ABE Math assessments include:
- Basic Math (1 hr)
- Basic Algebra (1 hr)
- Basic Math & Basic Algebra (1 hr)
- Intermediate Algebra (1 hr)
- Precalculus (2 hrs)
The Health Sciences Math assessment is for entry into applicable VCC Health Sciences programs (1 hr)
- Assessment fees are non-refundable and non transferrable. Payments online must be made by credit card. (Debit Credit cards are not accepted online)
- Please review the samples before coming to write your assessments. Samples of the math assessments are available on the math page.
- All on-site math assessments are delivered at the VCC Broadway campus.
On-site Math assessments:
- VCC ABE Math assessments are offered several times each month. You will see the dates and times offered when you are booking your appointment online.
- Government Issued Photo Identification is needed to enter the assessment room (ie: valid passport, driver's license, BC Services Card).
- Latecomers will not be able to enter the on-site assessment room.
**NEW ONLINE APPOINTMENT BOOKING PROCESS**
Schedules can be accessed when booking online
(Note: Dates and Times are subject to change without prior notice)
Please book online by clicking on the following link: https://canada.registerblast.com/vcc/Exam/List.
If you do not have a credit card, please do not book online. Contact the Assessment Centre at 604-871-7093 and please leave a message at Option 5.
Off-site Math assessments – outside the BC Lower Mainland:
If you live outside the BC Lower Mainland and need to do our assessments to get into a VCC program, we can mail our VCC math assessments to your local college.
- Contact Student or Assessment Services at your local college (or reasonable equivalent) and get the name of the contact person who is willing to supervise the assessments for you. This could be an instructor, an assessment centre proctor, etc.
- Complete the request for supervision for off-site assessment form. Have your test supervisor complete their section of the form.
- Once completed, please scan and email the form to email@example.com.
- We will contact you to finalize payment and provide further information.
The test package will then be forwarded to the receiving institution attention to the test supervisor.
All testing materials must be returned by the test supervisor either by Canada Post Xpresspost or by courier with a tracking number. It is the applicant's responsibility to cover the courier cost.
A fee of $40 per assessment and an additional $20 processing fee will be charged before the test package is sent out.
Fees are payable by credit card, a certified cheque, or money order. Assessment fees and processing fees are non-refundable.