To take a math assessment for a VCC course or program, you need the following 2 pieces of information:
- The name of the VCC course or program you want to get into
- The name of the VCC math assessment you need
ABE Math assessments include:
- Basic Math (1 hr)
- Basic Algebra (1 hr)
- Basic Math & Basic Algebra (1 hr)
- Intermediate Algebra (1 hr)
- Precalculus (2 hrs)
The Health Sciences Math assessment is for entry into applicable VCC Health Sciences programs (1 hr)
To find out which math assessment is best for you, contact one of the following advisors:
- VCC Academic Advisor - for VCC courses and programs for domestic students
- VCC Continuing Studies - for VCC Continuing Studies courses and programs
- VCC International Education - for all international VCC students
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.
- Assessment fees are non-refundable. Payment can be made with cash, debit card, or credit card.
- Personal cheques are not accepted for payment.
- Samples of the math assessments are available on the math page. Please review the samples before coming to write your assessments.
- All on-site math assessments are delivered at the VCC Broadway campus.
- Latecomers will not be able to enter the on-site assessment room.
On-site math assessments:
** NEW APPOINTMENT BOOKING PROCESS**
You must make an appointment and pay the fee in advance for all math assessments
There are 2 ways to request an appointment:
- Email us – email@example.com, or
- Call us – 604.871.7093, option 5
Provide us with the following information:
- Name of the math assessment you need
- Name of the VCC Program or Course you want to get into
- Your preferred assessment date (see the schedule)
We will contact you to finalize a date and arrange payment. After payment has been made, you will receive an email confirming all appointment details and location information.
If you do not know the name of the math assessment you need, or the name of the VCC Program or Course, please speak to a VCC Program Advisor – 604.871.7000, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Off-site math assessments:
If you live outside the BC Lower Mainland and need to do our assessments to get into a VCC program, we can mail our VCC math assessments to your local college.
- Contact Student or Assessment Services at your local college (or reasonable equivalent) and get the name of the contact person who is willing to supervise the assessments for you. This could be an instructor, an assessment centre proctor, etc.
- Complete the request for supervision for off-site assessment form. Have your test supervisor complete their section of the form.
- Once completed, please scan and email the form to email@example.com.
- We will contact you to finalize payment and provide further information.
The test package will then be forwarded to the receiving institution attention to the test supervisor.
A fee of $40 per assessment and an additional $20 processing fee will be charged before the test package is sent out.
Fees are payable by credit card, a certified cheque, or money order. Assessment fees and processing fees are non-refundable.