To book a keyboarding assessment for a VCC course or program, you need the following 3 pieces of information:
- Voucher number from TYPIST
- A VCC ID number (usually 9 digits and begins with '000')
- The name of the VCC course or program you want to get into
If you do not have these 3 pieces of information, please speak with one of the following advisors:
- VCC Academic Advisor- for VCC courses and programs for domestic students
- VCC Continuing Studies- for VCC Continuing Studies courses and programs
- VCC International Education- for all international VCC students
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.
Ready to book?
To book a Keyboarding assessment, please follow these instructions carefully:
- Visit the TYPIST site and purchase a voucher. The cost is $20 + GST
- Once you have purchased your voucher, book an appointment in RegisterBlast to have your TYPIST keyboarding assessment proctored by VCC Assessment Centre. The proctoring cost is another $20 (GST included)
You will need the following information to book:
- TYPIST voucher number
- VCC ID#
- The program you need the Keyboarding for
- Once in the RegisterBlast booking site, please read and follow the instructions carefully. Click here to book to have your TYPIST keyboarding proctored
- Please make sure to be familiar with the TYPIST Keyboarding assessment by watching the overview video
About the Keyboarding assessment
Details about the Keyboarding Assessment:
- Prior to starting the assessment, there are three, 1-minute practice sessions
- The keyboarding assessment consists of six, 5-minute timings done on a computer using the TYPIST program
- It is recommended that you practice with a free standing keyboard rather than a laptop
- Timed Writings are on the screen
- Please allow 60 minutes of your time to do the keyboarding assessment
- This assessment may be retaken without a waiting period
- Government issued Picture Identification will be required when taking the keyboarding assessment (ie. Valid driver’s license, passport, BCID, PR card etc)
- On the day of your appointment, you are required to complete the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment. Without the completed Self-Assessment, you will not be allowed to enter the testing room. The link to the BC COVID-19 Self-Assessment will be in your appointment confirmation email.
- The schedule is subject to change without prior notice
Note: The backspace key is allowed.
Here are some free practice keyboarding sites: