*** ALL APPOINTMENT BOOKINGS ARE CURRENTLY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE***
Note: We currently only offer keyboarding assessments for VCC programs.
To book an assessment for a VCC course or program, you need the following 3 pieces of information:
- A VCC ID number (usually 9 digits and begins with '000')
- The name of the VCC course or program you want to get into
- The name of the VCC assessment you need to take
If you do not have these 3 pieces of information, please speak with one of the following advisors:
- VCC Academic Advisor - for VCC courses and programs for domestic students
- VCC Continuing Studies - for VCC Continuing Studies courses and programs
- VCC International Education - for all international VCC students
*It is the student's responsibility to confirm and request the correct assessment for their chosen program/course. Please consult with a VCC advisor for details.
** NEW APPOINTMENT BOOKING PROCESS**
Note: On January 02, 2019, the new assessment and rescheduling fees will come into effect
Please book online by clicking on the following link: https://canada.registerblast.com/vcc/Exam/List
If you do not have a credit card, please do not book online. Contact the Assessment Centre at 604-871-7093 and please leave a message at Option 6.
Details about the Keyboarding Assessment:
- The keyboarding assessment consists of 6 five-minute timings done on a computer using the Cortez-Peters keyboarding program
- Backspace key is disabled (cannot backspace to correct)
- 2 spaces after a period (.) 1 space after a comma (,)
- 2 spaces after a colon (:) 1 space after a semi-colon (;)
- Timed Writings are on a piece of paper and not on the screen
- Use a regular keyboard to practice and not on a laptop if possible
Please allow 1 hour to 1 ½ hour of your time to do the keyboarding assessment.
This assessment may be retaken without a waiting period.
Picture identification is needed to enter the assessment room (ie: valid passport, driver's license, PR card, BCID, etc.).