- TYPIST Voucher Fee - $20 + GST
- TYPIST Keyboarding Proctoring Fee - $20 (GST included)
TO BOOK A KEYBOARDING ASSESSMENT PLEASE FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY:
1) Go to the TYPIST site https://typistapp.ca/c/1/vancouver-community-college and purchase a voucher. The cost is $20 + GST.
2) Once you have purchased your voucher, book an appointment in RegisterBlast to have your TYPIST keyboarding assessment proctored by VCC Assessment Centre. The proctoring cost is another $20 (GST included)
You will need the following information to book:
a) TYPIST voucher number
b) VCC ID#
c) The program you need the Keyboarding for
3) Once in the RegisterBlast booking site, please read and follow the instructions carefully.
To book to have your TYPIST keyboarding proctored, please click on the following link: https://canada.registerblast.com/vcc/Exam/List
4) Please make sure to be familiar with the TYPIST Keyboarding assessment by watching the overview video: https://www.loom.com/share/8c67bd56fb90421a834fdee1260b9820
Details about the Keyboarding Assessment:
- The keyboarding assessment consists of 6 five-minute timings done on a computer using the TYPIST program.
- It is recommended that you practice with a free standing keyboard rather than a laptop.
- Timed Writings are on the screen.
- Please allow 90 minutes of your time to do the keyboarding assessment.
- This assessment may be retaken without a waiting period.
- Government issued Picture Identification will be required when taking the keyboarding assessment (ie. Valid driver’s license, passport, BCID, PR card etc.)
Note: If the backspace key is used, the TYPIST program will automatically consider it an error.
Here are some free practice keyboarding sites: