What you will learn
- Human relations, organizational dynamics, and professionalism
- Information processing and telecommunications
- Records management technology and integrated office systems
- Basic economics and business management concepts
- Business law and governmental controls
- Accounting principles and handling of financial data
What to expect
- 6 courses of 36 hours each
- 3 hours of class per week, generally on Thursday evenings (subject to change)
- Classes taught by experts in their fields
- Individual and group work
- Lectures, videos, and demonstrations
- Practical assignments and exams
Successful completion of:
- VCC’s Administrative Assistant Program
- VCC’s Legal Administrative Assistant Program
- Equivalent as determined by the Department Head of the Applied Business Department
- This program is available to Canadian citizens and permanent residents. See program options for international students at VCC International.
- Applicants who self-identify as Indigenous are strongly encouraged to connect with VCC’s Indigenous Education and Community Engagement team to learn more about VCC’s Indigenous Enrolment policy, application preparation/completion, program advising, and a range of other individualized services.
- Applicants must be 16 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and other documents as required by their course or program. Seats are offered to eligible applicants with completed applications, in order of application completion date (except for programs with competitive admissions). A complete application includes an application form, evidence of educational pre-requisites (e.g. transcripts), any required supporting documents (e.g. language proficiency, audition video), and the required deposit or fee payment. If you do not meet the requirements for the term applied, your application may be cancelled.
- Personal hygiene, grooming, and appearance acceptable to a business office.
- Good command of oral and written English; ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Note: Applicants whose first language is other than English may be required to take an English language assessment.
Program general hours
Thursdays from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
This program can be completed in 2 years if students take all six courses in succession.
|OADM 1401||Introduction to Accounting||1.5|
|OADM 1402||Introduction to Economics||1.5|
|OADM 1403||Business Law||1.5|
|OADM 1407||Organizational Behaviour||1.5|
|OADM 1405||Administrative Technology||1.5|
|OADM 1406||Human Resources Management||1.5|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The College reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
Details of each of the courses are contained in the following pages of this guide. All topics will be covered, but the order of teaching will not necessarily be as presented here.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||0|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable. Tuition fees include a $300 non-refundable deposit.
Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.
† 2018 Job Bank Wage data