Do you have previous post-secondary credits, Advanced Placement (AP) courses, or International Baccalaureate (IB) courses?
You may be eligible for transfer credit if you have:
- Prior post-secondary education
- Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- If you are transferring AP credits, check the BC Transfer Guide - Advanced Placement to find course equivalencies.
- International Baccalaureate (IB) courses
- If you are transferring IB credits, check the BC Transfer Guide - International Baccalaureate to find course equivalencies.
To be considered for transfer credit:
- submit an application to a VCC program
- submit a Transfer Credit Request form to email@example.com
- submit official transcripts. Transcripts are considered official when:
- Received by mail from the sending institution, in a sealed untampered envelope.
- The transcript has the institutional seal, stamp or signature.
Transfer credit requests are subject to an administrative service charge and applicable GST.
- Transfer Credit cannot be awarded for courses used towards program Admissions Requirements.
- The Transfer Credit process is not required to meet VCC Program Admissions Requirements, however, official transcripts for studies not completed at VCC will be required by Admissions to assess Program Admissions Requirements.
- Transfer Credit in combination with credits received through Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition (PLAR) will not exceed a maximum of 65% of a program. Please note that some departments may have other restrictions to the maximum number transferred and PLAR credits allowed.
- If you are an International Student, please refer to the Transfer Credit page for International Students.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.