What you will learn
- Correct keyboarding technique
- Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Professional phone etiquette
- Office equipment
- Preparation of business documents
- Writing plans and effective, strategic communication
- Respectful and ethical workplace behaviour
- Recruitment documents and job interview procedures
- Social media for business
- Meeting minutes, transcription, dictation
- Office finances and computerized accounting
- Time-management and project-management skills
- Problem solving
- Conflict resolution and delivering feedback
What to expect
- Classroom lectures
- Videos and demonstrations
- Guest speakers
- Practical computer training
- Writing and communication practice
- Use of financial mathematics
- Individual and group work
- Assignments and tests
- Practical examinations
Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
English 12 with a minimum 'C-' grade, or Communications 12 with a minimum 'B' grade, or English Language Proficiency at English 12 with a pass
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- Able to sit for extended periods and work on computers.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Interest in office administration work.
|OADM 1104||Word 1||2.5|
|OADM 1102||Keyboarding 1||3|
|OADM 1105||Business Writing 1||2.5|
|OADM 1108||Business Writing 2||2.5|
|OADM 1107||Office Skills 1||2.5|
|OADM 1109||Job Search||2.5|
|OADM 1201||Word 2||2.5|
|OADM 1202||Keyboarding 2||2.5|
|OADM 1203||Business Writing 3||2.5|
|OADM 1204||Office Finance||2.5|
|OADM 1205||Social Media and Technology||1.5|
|OADM 1208||Office Skills 2||2|
|OADM 1206||Practicum Preparation||1|
|OADM 1209||Admin Professional Practicum||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $11,250
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||275|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.