Include Agent Information Upon Application
Agency information must be included upon student applications. By indicating the agent information, students authorize VCC to include their agents in admissions-related email communications.
- VCC-approved agents with a valid agent agreement must include their VCC agent codes upon application to be eligible for commissions. You may find your unique VCC agent code on the first page of the VCC agent agreements. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot locate your VCC agent code.
While non-VCC agents without a formal agent agreement are not eligible for commissions, they may still be appointed by students to receive and follow up on application updates. Students may provide consent by:
Students Applying On Their Own
Using an agent representative is not a requirement at VCC. Students may choose to apply on their own or work with a VCC-appointed agent to help them apply to VCC.
- To be eligible for commissions, VCC-approved agents must send the applications of prospective students to VCC. Agent information added after students apply on their own is not considered agent referrals, and the agents will not be eligible for commissions.
- If you still wish to support and follow up on a student's application without commissions, please request the student to submit the form to email@example.com. The email must be sent directly from the student to VCC.
Students Previously Enrolled at VCC
Students who were previously enrolled at VCC are not considered prospective students, and agents referring these students to VCC will not be eligible for commissions. This includes students who have withdrawn after classes started, or graduated from VCC.
VCC-approved agents are encouraged to confirm with students, before applying to VCC, if they have previously applied to or studied at VCC.
Request to Change Agency
After applications are submitted, students may choose to appoint a different representative to follow up on their applications.
- If you decide to remove your agent from receiving communications and updates about your application, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to include your student ID, full name, and the program applied to.
- If you decide to appoint another representative, send the Consent for Release of Information form to email@example.com for this request.
- Change of agency is not permitted for commission purposes. While students may request to use a different representative after a VCC-approved agent submits the application, commissions are paid to the first referring agency upon successful enrolment.
- If a prospective student’s application is withdrawn, it is considered an unsuccessful referral. In such cases, a re-application from a different agency may be accepted upon the approval of VCC's Manager of International Marketing and Recruitment.
VCC-approved agents with a valid agreement may be eligible to receive commissions. To be eligible for commissions, VCC-approved agents must:
- Recruit qualified prospective international students to VCC. Domestic student referrals (Permanent Residents and Canadian Citizens) are not eligible for commission.
- Refer prospective students to VCC's full-time programs available for international students. Part-time programs are not eligible for commissions.
- Include the VCC Agent Code upon sending student applications.
- Support the students to successfully enrol at VCC.
In certain cases, commissions will not be payable.
Refer to the VCC Agent Agreement for details about commission eligibility, and email firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any question.
Commission Payment Procedures and Schedule
VCC-approved agents with a valid agreement may be eligible to receive commissions for successful student referrals in full-time programs available for international students.
Payment Schedule based on term start dates
|Term Start Dates||Estimated Payout Month|
|September 16, 2022 - November 15, 2022
||December 2022 or January 2023
|November 15, 2022 - January 31, 2023
|February 1, 2023 - March 15, 2023
|March 16, 2023 - May 15, 2023
|May 16, 2023 - July 15, 2023
|July 16, 2023 - September 15, 2023
|September 16, 2023 - November 15, 2023
- Include your VCC agent code when submitting student applications. Without the agent code, commissions may not be payable.
- Commissions will be released to the bank account you provided upon your agent application. Invoices are not required. Contact email@example.com if your bank account information changes, and allow a 4 - 6 week processing time for the request to be verified and updated.
- A report will be released once commission payments are processed, and the report will include student referral details and eligible commission amounts. After reviewing the report, if you identify missing commissions based on the above payment schedule, inform firstname.lastname@example.org by including the student number, student name, program and term in your email.
- If you are eligible to receive commissions but do not receive the payments by the end of the month based on the above schedule, please contact email@example.com.
- Commissions are calculated automatically as long as the agent codes are provided upon student applications.
- The payment schedule is estimated and subject to change without formal notice. For commission eligibility, refer to your VCC agent agreement for details.
Ready to apply? Follow the instructions to apply to VCC.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for support.