What you will learn
- Top hospitality business and management practices
- Planning, design, and implementation of hospitality initiatives
- Business and community impact evaluation
- Financial and operations management
- Research and statistical analysis
- E-business and social media marketing
- Current events and change management
- Effective communication in the local, national, and global hospitality market
- Formal and informal meeting procedures
- Labour relations, ethics, and hospitality-related law
- Cultural diversity in British Columbia and Canada
- Community leadership and issue resolution
What to expect
- Lectures, seminars, and group discussions
- Oral presentations
- Reflective writing
- Research papers and case studies
- Individual and group projects
- Computer simulations
- Final exams
An earned two-year diploma of at least 60 credits in hospitality management, business or a related field of study; with a cumulative grade point average of C or higher (2.0), according to the current VCC grade scale*.
- Applicants must submit all post-secondary transcripts. The College reserves the right to request a language and math assessment from an applicant. Applicants are responsible for the payment of assessment services and fees.
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
The following are recommended characteristics of BHM students:
- Regular access to a personal computer and high-speed internet connection for course materials, including online texts, social media and video conferencing, among others, and online course instruction
- A confident oral and written command of the English language
- Ability to work well in face-to-face and online learning environments
- Ability to work well with others in an environment that embraces diversity
- Ability to maintain a positive 'hospitality' attitude
- Proficient computer literacy (knowledge and experience with iPad and tablet computing is a plus)
- Excellent study skills
Program general hours
Classes are generally run on Monday to Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.. Class times are subject to change.
|HOSP 3310||Contemporary Canadian Business||3|
|HOSP 3320||Operations Management||3|
|HOSP 3820||Hospitality Financial Manageme||3|
|HOSP 3910||Statistical Decision Making||3|
|GNED 3210||Multiculturalism in Business||3|
|HOSP 3360||Decision Making Analysis||3|
|HOSP 3460||Canadian Labour Relations||3|
|HOSP 3860||Capital and Asset Management||3|
|HOSP 3670||Service Marketing||3|
|HOSP 3960||Research Methods for Business||3|
|HOSP 4320||Strategic Hospitality Manageme||3|
|HOSP 4330||Hospitality Capstone 1||3|
|HOSP 4620||New Media in Hospitality||3|
|HOSP 4810||Hospitality Revenue Managemnet||3|
|HOSP 4360||Hospitality Capstone 2||3|
|HOSP 4370||Revenue Management Analysis||3|
|HOSP 4460||Leadership in Organizations||3|
|HOSP 4660||Business Innovation||3|
|GNED 4260||Sustainability in Business||3|
Students in the Regular Cohort program may not register for more than five courses in one term.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||560|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.