What you will learn
Upon successful completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
- Apply strategies and processes in initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and controlling, and closing projects.
- Manage risks to reduce project uncertainties.
- Demonstrate project management skills to optimize the project outcomes.
- Adapt project management approaches to meet the specific needs of organizations.
- Apply strategies for managing stakeholders’ needs and expectations throughout the project lifecycle.
- Construct comprehensive project plans that address the goals and objectives of organizations.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving techniques to make sound business management decisions and recommendations.
- Implement effective communication plans to ensure project success.
- Utilize change management strategies to support project implementation.
- Demonstrate ethical and professional behaviours as a project team member.
- Communicate and contribute as a project team member to the overall success of projects.
- Apply reflective practices to identify professional development opportunities and enhance lifelong learning.
What to expect
The courses will be presented using a variety of instructional strategies, resources and activities including: lecture, active learning strategies, online activities, group activities and projects.
Instructional activities require students to be actively engaged and collaborate with other students
Students complete a Capstone Project by the end of the Program.
- Successful completion of an undergraduate degree from an accredited university
- English Language Proficiency demonstrated by one of the following:
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- A strong foundation in mathematics and English.
- Motivated and disciplined.
- Well-developed analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Experienced in word processing and use of spreadsheets
|MGMT 1001||Business Mathematics||3|
|MGMT 1002||The Canadian Economy||3|
|MGMT 1003||Principles of Management||3|
|MGMT 1004||Communications in the Canadian Workplace||3|
|MGMT 1007||Financial Accounting||3|
|MGMT 1005||Organizational Behaviour||3|
|MGMT 1006||Fundamentals of Marketing||3|
|MGMT 1009||Business Statistics||3|
|MGMT 1011||Information Technology Management||3|
|MGMT 2014||Financial Management||3|
|MGMT 2021||Project Management Fundamentals||1.5|
|MGMT 2023||Scope Management||1.5|
|MGMT 2024||Risk and Procurement Management||3|
|MGMT 2025||Project Scheduling and Cost Management||3|
|MGMT 2028||Quality and Resource Management||3|
|MGMT 2029||Communication and Stakeholder Management||3|
|MGMT 2006||Business Analysis and Systems Design||3|
|MGMT 2022||Project Leadership||3|
|MGMT 2027||Integration Management||3|
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $10,000
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
This is an international cohort program. As international cohorts are exclusively for international students, international feesapply throughout the duration of the program.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.