Ecology of Family (ECCE 2309)
ECCE 2309 schedule for programs:
||Lindskog Wilson, Daniel||
January 4, 2021
to March 29, 2021
|Mon | 6:45 p.m - 9:45 p.m||Lindskog Wilson, Daniel|
January 4, 2021
to March 29, 2021
|Mon | 6:45 p.m - 9:45 p.m||Ezra, Joan|
January 19, 2021
to March 9, 2021
|Tue | 9:00 a.m - 2:00 p.m|
|SQL||SELECT ssbsect_crn, ssbsect_term_code, ssrblck_blck_code, ssrmeet_start_date, ssrmeet_end_date, TO_CHAR(ssrmeet_start_date, 'DD-Mon-YYYY') AS start_date, TO_CHAR(ssrmeet_end_date, 'DD-Mon-YYYY') AS end_date, ssrmeet_begin_time, ssrmeet_end_time, TRUNC( TO_DATE(CONCAT(ssrmeet_begin_time,'00'),'HH24:MI:SS')) + ( ROUND( (TO_DATE(CONCAT(ssrmeet_begin_time,'00'),'HH24:MI:SS') - TRUNC(TO_DATE(CONCAT(ssrmeet_begin_time,'00'),'HH24:MI:SS')) ) * 96 ) / 96) as begin_time_round, TRUNC( TO_DATE(CONCAT(ssrmeet_end_time,'00'),'HH24:MI:SS')) + ( ROUND( (TO_DATE(CONCAT(ssrmeet_end_time,'00'),'HH24:MI:SS') - TRUNC(TO_DATE(CONCAT(ssrmeet_end_time,'00'),'HH24:MI:SS')) ) * 96 ) / 96) as end_time_round, DECODE(ssrmeet_sun_day, 'U', 'Sun ', '') || DECODE(ssrmeet_mon_day, 'M', 'Mon ', '') || DECODE(ssrmeet_tue_day, 'T', 'Tue ', '') || DECODE(ssrmeet_wed_day, 'W', 'Wed ', '') || DECODE(ssrmeet_thu_day, 'R', 'Thu ', '') || DECODE(ssrmeet_fri_day, 'F', 'Fri ', '') || DECODE(ssrmeet_sat_day, 'S', 'Sat ','') AS day_of_week, ssrmeet_bldg_code, ssrmeet_room_code, sirasgn_pidm, ssbsect_seats_avail, ssbsect_wait_count, ssbsect_voice_avail, ssrmeet_schd_code, stvschd_desc FROM ssbsect INNER JOIN stvschd ON ssbsect_schd_code = stvschd_code AND ssbsect_schd_code NOT IN ('PLA', 'CL', 'CB', 'CI', 'T') LEFT OUTER JOIN ssrblck ON ssrblck_term_code = ssbsect_term_code AND ssrblck_crn = ssbsect_crn LEFT OUTER JOIN ssrmeet ON ssrmeet_term_code = ssbsect_term_code AND ssrmeet_crn = ssbsect_crn LEFT OUTER JOIN sirasgn ON sirasgn_crn = ssbsect_crn AND sirasgn_term_code = ssbsect_term_code WHERE ssbsect.ssbsect_subj_code = 'ECCE' AND ssbsect.ssbsect_crse_numb = '2309' AND ssbsect.ssbsect_term_code >= 202070 AND ssbsect.ssbsect_ssts_code = 'A' AND ssbsect.ssbsect_ptrm_end_date > sysdate-1 ORDER BY ssrmeet_start_date, ssrmeet_begin_time, ssbsect_crn|
- 1. Ecology of family and how it is related to a systems approach of childcare
- 2. Family diversity and social constructions and their effect on the family system.
- 3. The range of families found in BC today and needs of each type of family
- 4. Concepts and practices of family-centered care, culturally sensitive care, and inclusive environments
- 5. Research strategies to facilitate collaborative working relationships with families, and between staff and families.
- 6. The importance of consistency and continuity in collaborating with families to ensure that children are supported during their early years.
- 7. The role of the ECE in involving all parents in the childcare center
- 8. The potential for conflict and misunderstanding in the communication process
- 9. Tools that child care programs can use to effectively communicate with parents
- 10. A variety of community services relevant to and supportive of families, children and the child care community
* Fees are approximate and subject to change. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Fees listed are for domestic students. For international programs, visit VCC International.
† This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.