What you will learn
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- design, analyze, and develop complex software application systems for PC, Web, and Mobile devices
- develop and design interactive web pages/mobile apps with multimedia components
- install and configure basic computer hardware and software
- collaborate efficiently in a typical software project team working with popular project development tools and current development frameworks
- work in large and small teams as an effective team member
- learn new tools and technologies independently following the latest trends in software and hardware
What to expect
- Foundation of software development is taught in first year: core courses in Computer Systems, Programming, and Software Analysis and Design
- In second year students take Project-oriented hands-on courses in which they work often in team on industry level projects.
- Final Term students work on a Capstone project to develop real-world application for real or simulated clients.
- Blended Mode of delivery, with hands-on courses being in-person, and at least 50% of the program hours are delivered in-person.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- English 12 with a minimum 'C' grade, or English Language Proficiency at a minimum Grade 12 'C' level, or equivalent
- Knowledge of mathematics demonstrated by one of the following:
- Pre-calculus 12 with a minimum grade of 'C' (60%) or equivalent
- Foundation of Mathematics 11 with a minimum grade of 'C+' (65%) or equivalent
- VCC Pre Calculus assessment with a minimum grade of 72%
- VCC Intermediate Algebra assessment with a minimum grade of 52%
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- Love coding and problem-solving
- Logical and critical thinker
- Able to work long hours on computers
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Research-oriented, quick to google a subject and find relevant info
- Client-oriented outlook and ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Enthusiastic, positive, optimistic attitude
- Pro-active self-starter
- Basic understanding of computers and comfortable using mobile devices
- Interested in technology, gadgets, and applications that run on them
In the First Year students complete the foundational/core courses. In the second year students take advanced software development, web, mobile, and Windows PC specialized courses. In the last term, students focus on developing an industry-scale Portfolio/Capstone project as a team.
|Year 1 (Foundation Courses)|
|CSTP 1101||Communication and Workplace Behaviour||3|
|CSTP 1104||Computer Systems Administration||5|
|CSTP 1105||Introduction to Programming||4|
|CSTP 1106||Website Development||3|
|CSTP 1108||Applied Mathematics||2|
|CSTP 1201||Introduction to Database Management Systems||4|
|CSTP 1202||Introduction to Data Communication and Networking||3|
|CSTP 1205||Programming in C++||4|
|CSTP 1206||Introduction to Internet Programming & Web Applications||3|
|CSTP 1204||Software Analysis and Design||3|
|CSTP 1302||Windows Programming||4|
|CSTP 1303||Introduction to Client-Server Computing||3|
|CSTP 1304||User Interface Design||2|
|CSTP 1305||Algorithms Analysis and Data Structures||3|
|CSTP 2104||Windows Interactive Application Programming||3|
|CSTP 2110||Introduction to Cloud Computing||3|
|CSTP 2106||Introduction to Computer Security||3|
|CSTP 2107||Advanced Internet Programming & Web Applications||4|
|CSTP 2108||Mathematics for Programmers||2|
|CSTP 2204||IT Development Project||5|
|CSTP 2205||Android Mobile Application Programming||3|
|CSTP 2208||Career Path Search||1|
|CSTP 2301||Emerging Technologies||3|
|CSTP 2305||iOS Mobile Application Programming||3|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $11,000
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.
OPEN DATE APPLICATION STATUS*
- Apply Now: Qualified applicants may receive offers of admission if seats are available, or placed on waitlists if seats are full.
- Closed: Applications are not accepted.
- For details about application availability based on study permit status and recommendations if the application status is closed, visit the Availability Status page.