What you will learn
This program is designed for individuals who wish to obtain employment in the Information Technology Industry as Mobile Applications Programmer, Computer Programmer, and Network Administrator.
Upon completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Design, install and manage local area networks
- Develop and design computer programs in various programming languages
- Develop and design interactive web pages with multimedia components
- Design and develop interactive mobile application for mobile devices
- Install and configure computer hardware and software
- Perform systems analysis and design
- Program apps for mobile devices
- Provide end-user technical support services
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware problems
What to expect
This program is delivered face-to-face and in blended learning modes. Instructional strategies include classroom lectures, demonstrations, group discussions, computer lab and hands-on practical work.
- Grade 12 graduation or equivalent
- English 12 with a minimum 'C' grade, or English Language Proficiency at a minimum Grade 12 'C' level, or equivalent
- Knowledge of mathematics demonstrated by one of the following:
- Pre-calculus 12 or Principle of Math 12 with a minimum grade of 'C' (60%)
- A minimum grade of 'C+' (67%) in one of the following:
- Pre-calculus grade 11
- Foundations of Mathematics grade 12
- Foundations of Mathematics grade 11
- Principles of Mathematics 11
- Applications of Mathematics 11
- Applications of Mathematics 12
- Seats are offered to applicants who have met all admission requirements, on a first-qualified, first-served basis.
- International applicants must be 17 years of age or older or a graduate of a secondary school. (Some exceptions may apply.)
- Applicants must submit official transcripts and educational documents as required by their course or program.
- All VCC applicants are required to function successfully in an English-speaking classroom. English requirements vary by program. For details, visit VCC International - English Requirements.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Ability to work effectively in a team and independently with confidence
- Customer service-oriented outlook and ability to work well with a wide variety of people
- Ability to give and receive feedback
- Motivation, curiosity, and research-orientation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude
- Initiative, self-starter work habits
- Flexibility, adaptability
Students must complete all of the following courses:
|CSTP 1101||Communication and Workplace Behaviour||3|
|CSTP 1103||Data and Document Management Fundamentals||3|
|CSTP 1104||Computer Systems Administration||5|
|CSTP 1105||Introduction to Programming||4|
|CSTP 1106||Website Development||3|
|CSTP 1108||Applied Mathematics||2|
|CSTP 1201||Introduction to Database Management Systems (DBMS)||4|
|CSTP 1202||Introduction to Data Communication and Networking||3|
|CSTP 1203||Introduction to Server Administration||2|
|CSTP 1204||Software Analysis and Design||3|
|CSTP 1205||Programming in C++||4|
|CSTP 1206||Introduction to Internet Programming & Web Applications||3|
|CSTP 1207||Technical Communication||2|
|CSTP 1301||IT Project Management||2|
|CSTP 1302||Windows Programming||4|
|CSTP 1303||Introduction to Client-Server Computing||3|
|CSTP 1304||User Interface Design||2|
|CSTP 1305||Algorithm Analysis and Data Structure||3|
|CSTP 2101||Database Management and Storage||3|
|CSTP 2102||Enterprise Systems Support||3|
|CSTP 2104||Windows Interactive Application Programming||3|
|CSTP 2106||Introduction to Computer Security||3|
|CSTP 2107||Advanced Internet Programming & Web Applications||4|
|CSTP 2108||Mathematics for Programmers||2|
|CSTP 2201||Linux Operating System and Networking||3|
|CSTP 2202||Network Server Administration||3|
|CSTP 2204||IT Development Project||5|
|CSTP 2205||Android Mobile Application Programming||3|
|CSTP 2208||Career Path Search||1|
|CSTP 2301||Emerging Technologies||3|
|CSTP 2302||Advanced Server Administration||3|
|CSTP 2303||Computer System Security Threats and Solutions||3|
|CSTP 2305||iOS Mobile Application Programming||3|
This guide is intended as a general guideline only. The college reserves the right to make changes as appropriate.
* This information is intended as a guideline only. Program and course details are subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors.
Fees and other costs*
Tuition Deposit: $11,000
Tuition deposits are payable usually within two weeks after a Letter of Offer is issued.
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
0 - 1
0 - 2
0 - 3
0 - 4
|Materials||0||not including textbooks|
|Medical & Dental||550|
|Program-specific extra fees||0|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Fees listed are for international students. For domestic programs, visit vcc.ca.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's international refund policy.