Career FAQ: CAD & BIM Technicians Diploma
Posted on December 1, 2021
Through VCC's CAD & BIM Technicians Diploma, students develop the Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) and Building Information Modeling (BIM) skills to work as professional drafting technologists or technicians.
What do drafting technicians do?
- create 3D models and technical drawings for the construction industry
- work in an office environment
- work closely with architects, engineers and fabricators
Where do VCC graduates find employment in Vancouver?
How much do drafting technicians make?
- Annual Median Salary in B.C.: $62,568
- Starting wage: $20 to 27 per hour
What specialties can students learn at VCC?
Students can choose TWO specialties from the following. More details about the specialities can be found on the program webpage.
- Civil / Structural
- Mechanical Engineering
- Steel Construction Modelling
What are the admissions requirements?
- Grade 12 graduation
- IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0) or equivalent
- Math 11
More Information about this program?
Ready to apply? Check our website for details about next steps. Have questions? Send us an email, or book a one-on-one international advising session.